Football Programmes Centre

Terry Venables RIP
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Terry Venables RIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Gone, but not forgotten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:41 pm 
Post subject: Terry Venables RIP

A bit late but as a Palace fan it's not too easy paying tribute to Terry Venables, as he wasn't too popular here. I won't dwell on the reasons.

El Tel was a great coach and innovator, nobody will ever forget Euro 96 and the brilliance of the win over Netherlands and heartbreak of the penalty shoot-out. He had great times at QPR and Barcelona particularly, and won the FA Cup with Spurs before falling out with Alan Sugar. At Palace he assisted Malcolm Allison and then took over, taking the "Team of the 80's" to two promotions in 3 seasons, His stock couldn't have been higher. But then, under a cloud, he left and took half the club with him to Rangers.

RIP Terry. Thanks for Wrexham away 1977 and Burnley home 1979.

Here's the i paper obit. And a photo from his days at Palace.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Gone, but not forgotten All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: