Football Programmes Centre

100 years ago today
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
100 years ago today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colchestersid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:07 am 
Post subject: 100 years ago today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/extra/bjy6eeo1gs/white-horse-final-100-years-on

As a West Ham collector, strangely I've never been interested in owning a programme from the 1923 final. They're pretty common of course and present value seems to be between £700-£1000 depending on condition. Condition however generally seems to be well worn at best - perhaps the result of 100 years being read, handled, bought and sold (and they were likely to have been a bit squashed on the day!)

Anyway, raise a glass to George Scorey and Billy although perhaps from our point of view an abandonment might have seen a different outcome had the game been played again under normal circumstances

PS - I'm not sure if he's still on eBay but the seller who had one of these up every month for years was wrong - despite "predictions by experts" the programme was never going to be worth over £3000 on the 100th anniversary Shocked

I've got a vague memory as well that not all tickets on the market for this game are originals - anyone know more about this?
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:34 am 
Post subject:

Here's a photo I have of the final, showing David Jack, keeper Dick Pym and another Bolton player looking around with incredulity. Police on foot and mounted on three chestnut horses do their best to keep the crowds at bay. This image was printed in 1964, at the time of West Ham's next appearance in an FA Cup final. So even though it's not 100 years old, it is nearly 60! But not quite an original of the time, and priced accordingly.

If you can't see it, right click and open in a new tab.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
nutfield priory

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:40 pm 
Post subject:

nutfield priory

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:43 pm 
Post subject:

Postcard from the 1923 Cup Final featuring George and Billy on my previous post not use to the new set up for inserting pictures
East Lower

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:40 am 
Post subject:

It was the day my dad was born. Sadly he is not around to receive a birthday card from the king.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/extra/bjy6eeo1gs/white-horse-final-100-years-on
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: