Football Programmes Centre

Glory Hunters - BT Sport 2 Thursday 4 August @ 8pm
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Glory Hunters - BT Sport 2 Thursday 4 August @ 8pm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goonerak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:21 pm 
Post subject: Glory Hunters - BT Sport 2 Thursday 4 August @ 8pm

Documentary about Graham Budd Auction's recent Premier League auction.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:30 am 
Post subject:

colchestersid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:35 am 
Post subject:

I don't have BT Sport but I can see it is being repeated several times over the next few days
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:19 am 
Post subject:

I have seen quite a few episodes of a programme on a similar idea - toy auctions. There is a programme on the freeview channel Yesterday about Vectis auctions. Although I don't collect toys (unless you count football stickers and cards, and selected Corinthian/Soccarstarz figures, it is lovely to see different aspects of people's collecting

Some are just cynical - one bloke buys big Lego sets, never opens them, and waits until about 5 years after the sets are out of production, then makes a good mark up at auction

Others are collectors turned dealers, eg Star Wars and matchbox cars toys collectors - they start off just collecting, but end up buying and selling, and being selllers, they get access to some of the rarest stuff, ten all of a sudden, after 30 years of living and breating it, just sell the lot and make a few hundred grand!!

Then there are the absolute nuts - either collectors who have died and their kids have to sell off lifelong collections, or just collectors who are at the auction to buy yet more and spend a few grand at a time. These people sometimes have incredibly niche collections - pristine meccano, pristine teddy bears, or unusual rare train sets. The family selling do make a lot of dough but often know very little about the items, the ones buying are just amassing tons more stuff and paying top dollar!

There are of course LOTS of parallels with the collections on here!!
Cantona93

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:39 pm 
Post subject: Glory Hunters

Tynie Topics wrote:
Was it any good?

Seemed to me that it was more about showing highlights from Premier League history than providing much insight into the operation of an auction house.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: