Football Programmes Centre

Login problems
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Login problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:32 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Craig. Let's hope thing are now ok.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
smk06

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:49 am 
Post subject:

Having issues remaining logged in on this site - using Google Chrome on my laptop (Windows 11). If I clear the cache and cookies it resolves the problem, but have to do this every day. I'm typing this using MS Edge to see if it makes a difference. Anyone else have this problem?

Derby County home wants:
1982/83 Sunderland Fr (s/s)
Reds v Whites & Whites v Blues 1948-1957
1946/47 Arsenal post 5/2

Derby County away wants:
1968/69 Carlisle post 8/2/69
1946/47 Middlesbrough, Liverpool
1945/46 West Brom

Also looking for Guiseley home programmes pre-1980s.
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:50 pm 
Post subject:

smk06 wrote:
Having issues remaining logged in on this site - using Google Chrome on my laptop (Windows 11). If I clear the cache and cookies it resolves the problem, but have to do this every day. I'm typing this using MS Edge to see if it makes a difference. Anyone else have this problem?

Had problems for a while using Chrome, Steve.
Shifted to Firefox and all seems well now.
smk06

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:19 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks, Steve. Works fine on Edge and on my phone.

Derby County home wants:
1982/83 Sunderland Fr (s/s)
Reds v Whites & Whites v Blues 1948-1957
1946/47 Arsenal post 5/2

Derby County away wants:
1968/69 Carlisle post 8/2/69
1946/47 Middlesbrough, Liverpool
1945/46 West Brom

Also looking for Guiseley home programmes pre-1980s.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:01 am 
Post subject:

After being unable to login for several weeks on any browser or device I've just been able to log in this morning!

Not sure what caused the issue but all looks good now
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:31 pm 
Post subject:

cannot use my phone[Android] been like this for weeks now, asked Craig directly ad thru Jaime but not getting any response.

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
overlap

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:23 pm 
Post subject:

I can only get in on this laptop, but not ipad or android phone.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:28 pm 
Post subject:

Don't know why but I am able to log in via Google Chrome on my pc, and Android on my Galaxy phone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:08 pm 
Post subject:

Hi All,

Id love to solve this but its so hard to resolve an intermittent IT issue that clearly does not effect everyone, or even the same people all of the time!!

If anyone is having an issue logging in - can you please try and log in in "incognito" or "private" mode and let me know if this makes a difference? Does using a different browser effect your experience?

Its just impossible to trouble shoot at present and I am unable to replicate logging in issues on any of my devices at all

I want to get this sorted, I just need help please!

Thanks
grantham

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:46 pm 
Post subject:

25 years IT experience and I have suffered the same issues as mentioned by other users. By process of elimination I have put it down to cookies held by certain browsers.

I have managed to fix the issue several times (which for me occurs on Firefox, my browser of choice) but as a part-time web developer I use multiple browsers and when the issue occurs on firefox, it generally doesn't occur on any of the other browsers/systems I'm using.

So solution is to clear the cookies for the browser you use most often, then using a different browser attempt to login. If unsuccessful, email someone you trust your login details and ask them to login for you and then try again.

PHPBB must be storing a sessionid/browser details and when using the same browser that continues to fail it triggers a cookie that fails the login again.

Using either the 'different browser' or 'another person logging in' method, I have managed to fix/get around the error on every occasion as soon as it happens.

Hopefully the above will help at least 1 user who is having problems logging in
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:03 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Grantham

Really appreciate your post as someone with web development experience.

I believe too it is something to do with cookies, this is why I have asked users to see if they are able to log in using "incognito" mode as then your cookies shouldn't interfere. Unfortunately not everyone is familar with incognito mode so I've not had huge success trying to check this.

With regards to the "another person login" solution this is interesting as I have logged in for a number of users when trying to troubleshoot this issue but am unsure of the results they achieved after.

Is anyone who is unable to log in able to try and follow the instructions below from Grantham and let me know if you have success please.

Quote:
So solution is to clear the cookies for the browser you use most often, then using a different browser attempt to login

If anyone needs advice on how you clear your cookies, let me know what browser your using and I'll find the instructions for you.

If we can confirm this is a workaround, I can at least then pin a post to advise users how to get on.
stfc831968

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:45 pm 
Post subject:

Just to add to this, i had problems logging in for several weeks (i use firefox) so i cleared my cookies for this site only and then could get in straight away.

It happened again a few weeks later so again just cleared the cookies for this site and was able to get straight back in.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:46 pm 
Post subject:

I know this has been mentioned before but after talking to a number of people from the forum, many have given up trying to log in, hence I presumed the decreasing number of postings on the forum.

I've been off for a few weeks myself until I remembered how to solve it as it appears to be a problem I encounter every six weeks or so.

I use a Mac with safari, and all I did was click on the browser, go to preferences, click manage the website data and clear the cookies for this site only and there we go.

So there you go whichever browser you're on, try it.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:20 am 
Post subject:

Yes Sharrow. That's how I have got round the problem when it has happened to me. Wish it could be sorted out permanently.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
colchestersid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:37 am 
Post subject:

It's similar in Microsoft Edge

If I delete browsing history and cookies I still can't log in

However, if I go to settings, select "Delete Cookies and Temporary files" and just delete cookies (nothing else at the same time) it then works

Which makes absolutely no sense to me but there you go
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:02 am 
Post subject:

We do have another forum which works perfectly well.........

I know 2 former users who have given up on here due to the problems.
seandel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:22 pm 
Post subject:

This is beyond a joke at this stage. I had to create a new account to log in as I simply can't get onto my old one and can't reset the password. I was seand

I couldn't register a new account in Chrome, it had to be Edge. Even then it took several goes.

There's pretty much no activity on the other forum but it's starting to look like a better option than this one
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:17 pm 
Post subject:

For some reason I logged in 1st time.
I have no idea why these problems keep happening.
Only Craig can sort it out but he isn't here very often.
Sadly it looks like the other forum is the best bet.

Sorry I can't help any more.

Eck

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:28 pm 
Post subject:

overlap

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:08 am 
Post subject:

After three or more weeks of frustration at not being able to log into this site, for some reason today it has allowed me back in again.

The only thing I did differently was that I ticked the "remember me" box next to the log in slots. Not sure if that was what did it, or if it is just sheer coincidence.

The only problem now is that I can't remember what it was that I wanted to say Sherlock
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: