Football Programmes Centre

Kevin Camm - Grimsby Town info needed
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Kevin Camm - Grimsby Town info needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeasideMark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:25 am 
Post subject: Kevin Camm - Grimsby Town info needed

Hoping someone on here can help me with this please. I am trying to find out which games the late Kevin Camm played in for Grimsby possibly in the mid 1980s or very early 1990s. He only made a small handful of appearances for the first XI but the internet has thrown up nothing so far.
His career was ended by an unusual 'injury' as he had a rare form of psoriasis which meant he could no longer play professional football.
The reason I am asking is that his son now lives locally and has asked me to try and find the programmes for the games his dad played in which shouldn't be too hard. The hard bit however is finding out how many games he played in and which ones they were!
Over to you forum detectives... Sherlock
Diolch pawb, Mark Thumbs Up
martino

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:57 am 
Post subject:

Hi,

I have looked in the Grimsby Town Complete Record 1878-1989 but I cannot see a Kevin Camm listed as playing first team matches so perhaps he played for them after season 1988/1989.
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:03 pm 
Post subject: Kevin Camm-Grimsby Town info needed

Don’t know how accurate it is,, but no mention of Kevin in Barry Hugman’s ‘Football League Players Records’ book . This covers players post -war up to 1991-92. Perhaps he played in some first team Cup games?
stfc831968

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:47 pm 
Post subject:

I've just checked my Rothman's books from 1988-89 to 1993-94 and there's no record of him in there at all, i checked all cup games too and no mentions.
SeasideMark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:40 pm 
Post subject: grimsby

Thank you gentlemen for your time and help - much appreciated.
His son was a bit vague about his late father's career tbh but seemed sure he had played for the first team at some point as he has 'a couple of programmes with his name in'. Having given it some thought I reckon Kevin Camm was a reserve teamer whose name appeared in a list of 2nd XI appearances hence the 'name in the programme' bit. I will get back to his son and see if I can get any clearer details.
Diolch yn fawr iawn eto, Mark Thumbs Up
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: