Football Programmes Centre

1967 FA Cup Final replay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1967 FA Cup Final replay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barnet87

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:31 pm 
Post subject: 1967 FA Cup Final replay

I was reading the book on the 150th anniversary of the FA Cup by Miguel Delaney. There was a picture of a programme for the 1967 FA Cup Final replay at Wembley, with a green & yellow cover, which obviously didn't take place. Does anyone know about what must be a very rare issue, I have never seen it for sale.

I know that there were programmes for the 1968 European Cup Final replay & 1971 FA Cup final replay, but were there any others for this period, eg the 1966 World Cup Final, 1968 FA Cup Final & 1970 FA Cup Final 2nd replay which would have been at Coventry ? Perhaps this topic has been covered in depth elsewhere ?

What is interesting about the 1967 FA Cup final is that it was over in normal time & never looked like it would go to a replay, so I wonder why a replay programme was issued. The same goes for other FA Cup/League Cup/other finals at Wembley or Hampden during this period.

If anyone has read the book, check the image, the programme does exist .
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: