Football Programmes Centre

Help required.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Help required.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:35 pm 
Post subject: Help required.

Hi all.
A group of us at Rovers have been trying to find a picture of every player that has made a Football League appearance for us.
Up to the end of last season 972 have played of which we have found a picture of 970 of them. The two guys below are the ones where we have failed to find a pic and the years they played for us. I have no idea where they played before us or where they went afterwards.
Long shot I know but should anyone have any info or even better a pic of either of these guys please give me a shout.

Edward Lee Harvey. 1921-22.
George Charles Littlewood. 1929-30.

See here for our progress so far.

http://bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com/player-pictures.html

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
colchestersid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:02 am 
Post subject:

George Charles Littlewood. 1929-30. - I found this

http://nonleaguematters.co.uk/.....=364888806

Can anyone help track down details, please, on another player whose career started at Brierley Hill Alliance? George Charles Littlewood was born in Tipton, fourth quarter 1899 and died in Cheltenham, 5 Aug 1965. He was with BHA, 1924-25, 1925 to West Brom, May 27 to Worcester City, 14 Feb 30 to Bristol Rovers, 29 Oct 31 to Badminton and Acton Turville FC. He was a schoolmaster at one point at Badminton School, Gloucestershire and played cricket for the Bristol side Cotham CC. Does anyone know much more about him, other than the one League game he managed (12 Apr 1930 v Bournemouth)? Anyone have an accurate date of birth, please? Very grateful, as always.

Apart from the other sides mentioned you could try the school (Badminton) which likely has school photos back to this era - either try the school itself or the Old Badmintonian Association

https://www.badmintonschool.co.uk/our-community/old-badmintonian-association
paulobee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:17 pm 
Post subject:

E L Harvey was a player from The Wednesday FC. (Sheffield Wednesday!)

A year later, he went to Retford FC.

Star Green 'un 24 September 1921

Sheffield Daily Telegraph 29 September 1922

paulobee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:19 pm 
Post subject:

And then the last one, retirement due to injury.

Star Green 'un 26 July 1924

pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:26 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks guys. Gives me something to go on.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: