Football Programmes Centre

Stranraer FC ?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stranraer FC ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:49 am 
Post subject: Stranraer FC ?

Picked up this autograph page the other day. I have been checking through the names trying to date it, but lm beginning to think it might not be Stranraer FC and possibly not even a football team. Do any of the names ring a bell with anyone? Many thanks.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:22 pm 
Post subject:

I found a John McCutcheon at Stranraer from 1955 to 58 but none of the others!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:57 pm 

Thanks Pete, looks like John is a bit of a Stranraer legend. If l can find a copy of his signature that might help to confirm it’s Stranraer. Could be from one of his other clubs? As l mentioned, might not be football. The Stranraer bit looks like it was written at the same time as the signatures, so looks like a Stranraer sports team of some type. By the way, well done to your team on Sunday. I hope you achieve your dream of seeing Palace win the FA Cup. Saying that, I’m on Liverpool at massive odds to win the quadruple .Just a crazy bet l put on for two of my grandkids before Christmas, so l had to cover it for myself as well . Just hope my lot, Everton, don’t go down Laughing
qosprogs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:05 am 
Post subject: Stranraer FC?

I have gone though my collection and have found a Stranraer FC v Queen of the South C division match ( ie reserves) from 12 Feb 1955. The Stranraer line up is as follows:-

HENDERSON; NUGENT; McLEAN; GIBSON; WILSON; KNOX; TENNANT; ROBERTSON; McINTYRE; DUNCANSON; and McCUTCHEON.

No first names but hopefully this might be of help to you
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:53 am 

qosprogs, many thanks for having a look. It looks like it might be a Stranraer team from the early 1950s. Perhaps a youth team? I don’t think many on my page became League players , apart from Wilson, Hanson and McCutcheon… McCutcheon signed for them in 1949-50 . Goalkeeper David Hanson played only one season for them in 1955-56 when they became a League side. He then left. Didn’t know they had a B and C Division in Scotland in the 1950s . Thanks again.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: