Football Programmes Centre

Bradford City Football Programmes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bradford City Football Programmes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:30 pm 
Post subject: Bradford City Football Programmes

Hi guys its been a while since i last posted on here but just trying to rekindle my personal scans of Bradford City programmes i have and since there are new members on here was hoping any of you or old members can help me out to complete my collection of having at least one scan of every home programme since we started back in 1903-04 season ??

The ones i am missing are as follows and yes i know it will be a miracle should anyone able to help me out Shocked

1904-05
1905-06
1906-07
1913-14
1914-15
1915-16
1916-17
1917-18
1918-19

I am probably guessing we did not produce programmes during the 1st world war but hey ho you never never know

Also for my 1912-13 season i only require 5 home programmes scans of which i know Sportingold have featured 3 of them over the years but never got round to asking them for a scan Crying or Very sad

The ones i require are Aston Villa , Blackburn & Notts Co (These are the ones features in Sportingold) Oldham & Tottenham

Look forward to hearing from any of you that hopefully can help me out

Regards

Garry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Healing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:55 pm 
Post subject: Teamsheet

Hi Garry Do you have Bradford v. Everton Checkatrade Trophy teamsheet for sale?Cheers
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:29 pm 

Gary, sorry can’t help with your programme search, but with you being a Bradford City collector have you any idea who this player is? I posted it on the forum a few months ago, but we never established his identity. At first, thought it might be the famous Jimmy Speirs , but that was never confirmed. I think it’s pre- 1920. The postcard that was purchased with it , was of another City player, but from a later period. I think it’s a Bradford City player, then again, could be wrong!
Garry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:40 pm 
Post subject: Re: Teamsheet

Healing wrote:
Hi Garry Do you have Bradford v. Everton Checkatrade Trophy teamsheet for sale?Cheers

Hi sorry i dont im afraid Healing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Garry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:41 pm 
Post subject: Re: Bradford City Football Programmes

Flaming Pie wrote:
Gary, sorry can’t help with your programme search, but with you being a Bradford City collector have you any idea who this player is? I posted it on the forum a few months ago, but we never established his identity. At first, thought it might be the famous Jimmy Speirs , but that was never confirmed. I think it’s pre- 1920. The postcard that was purchased with it , was of another City player, but from a later period. I think it’s a Bradford City player, then again, could be wrong!

Sorry i cant help ive not seen that pic before
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:07 pm 

Thanks for having a look Garry.
Bluebird54

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:47 pm 
Post subject:

Hi, I’ve had a look in the Complete Record and the City Memories books. Unless the photo is deceptive he looks to be a tall man and is wearing what could be a goalkeepers jersey of that period. It is easier to eliminate those that he clearly isn’t e.g Mellors but looks a bit like Jock Ewart but not enough to be certain. Would be interested to know if you find out.
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:16 pm 

Bluebird, many thanks . At first l thought it might be a training top, but goalies jersey could fit. Here’s the other photo it came with. As l said, l tried to identify these two players months ago, then put them away. I think l spotted this player in a team shot, pre- WW2. Will have a search for my notes.. . Written on the front ( embossed)is l think Sara, or Savy Star, 12 Manningham Lane, Bradford. Looks like the name of the photography studio.. This player does look to be in a City top. There’s a scribbled signature on the back. Could be the photographers?
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:55 pm 
Post subject:

Here are 2 images of Jimmy Speirs, one lifted off the net, the other from a Boys' Friend cigarette card from 1911.

While I can see some similarity between the net image, and the card, I don't quite see it with your photo, though there is some similarity I grant you.

There's one chap who might be able to help, a Bradford City historian and author, have you tried him - John Dewhirst?
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:37 pm 

Thanks Pete, l didn’t try the person you mentioned. If he’s on the forum , perhaps he might have a look. I remember when l first posted photo1 , that his hair seemed a bit too wavy for Jimmy Speirs. I will check what Bluebird suggested, perhaps photo1 is a goalkeeper? Sorry to hijack your programme search Garry..
andy1966

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:31 pm 
Post subject:

Hi can't help with Bradford homes, but have the Everton home v Bradford 1912-3

Its in this album -

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_latchford/albums
Garry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:48 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Andy but i have a copy of that image already Smile
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: