Football Programmes Centre

Real Zaragoza v Newcastle 1969 Fairs Cup
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Real Zaragoza v Newcastle 1969 Fairs Cup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bokbag

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:14 pm 
Post subject: Real Zaragoza v Newcastle 1969 Fairs Cup

Hi Smile

Does anyone know if there was any sort of publication/programme to cover the away leg? I have never seen one, and the closest I can think of was in those fridge magnet sets they had something to represent the game. So wondering if Zaragoza maybe have a magazine or something that could count?

Ta[/code]
overlap

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:44 pm 
Post subject:

Definitely no programme, as you say.
And over the years nothing has ever emerged to become the definitive alternative publication to fill the gap either.
I suppose Zaragoza may have had a club publication or paper, but none every appeared in the years I lived in Newcastle.
And nothing ever popped up in the auctions The Back Page shop near the football ground used to hold either.
So, I suppose you would be looking at something like Marca for the date in question.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:05 pm 
Post subject:

West Ham played Zaragoza in 1965 and I've never seen anything official from that game- my only souvenir is the match ticket (which is very rare). I've also kept an eye out over the years for any Zaragoza magazines from the 60s - never seen anything

There are a couple of local daily newspapers which covered the game but just a couple of pagers in hefty papers so no different to the sort of local paper you'd find in any big city here
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:23 am 
Post subject:

There was a DICEN newspaper issued for the Everton game in November 1966. No official issue was produced.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: