Football Programmes Centre

How often do you check ebay ?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How often do you check ebay ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How frequently do you use the same search terms on ebay (or slect saved searches)
Several times a day
45%
 45%  [ 31 ]
Daily (once or twice)
35%
 35%  [ 24 ]
Every few days
11%
 11%  [ 8 ]
Weekly
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Periodically
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 68

grantham

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:21 pm 
Post subject: How often do you check ebay ?

Was listing some programmes today and wondered what everyone else's search habits are like. I personally check daily, what about others ?
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:47 pm 
Post subject:

Several times a day for me - I'm constantly on the lookout for something I might need.
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:54 pm 
Post subject:

A couple of times a day, it's like panning for gold, and you never know when someone might list something fantastic as a 'buy it now' Laughing

It becomes like a habit. You never know when something just incredible will appear

I'm worst when a new trading card set gets released and the cards are first getting listed. It's hard to resist checking back to see if anything new has appeared!
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:39 pm 
Post subject:

I open eBay at some point during the day, and leave it open all day. I venture back in every so often, changing searches as I go. Despite that, I often forget to bid on something.

Homer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
grantham

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:11 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
I open eBay at some point during the day, and leave it open all day. I venture back in every so often, changing searches as I go. Despite that, I often forget to bid on something.

Homer

Had a few instances of that this year with my book collection. Added to my watchlist, all prepared to bid last minute and totally forgot to bid and they sell for the maiden bid. What makes it worse is not seeing the same book being relisted at all. I can think of at least 5 occasions I've let this happen this year
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:20 pm 
Post subject:

grantham wrote:
Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:

Homer

Had a few instances of that this year with my book collection. Added to my watchlist, all prepared to bid last minute and totally forgot to bid and they sell for the maiden bid. What makes it worse is not seeing the same book being relisted at all. I can think of at least 5 occasions I've let this happen this year

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!

Last edited by manchesterunitedman1 on Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
botanybaykid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:35 pm 
Post subject:

I check at least once an hour and it has worked
Got Partick v Orient 76-7 ASC for £2 bin and free postage! Couldn't press the button fast enough!
colchestersid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:56 pm 
Post subject:

Couple of times a day for auction items but only rarely check "Buy it Now". Strangely though I was prompted by this thread to check BIN and saw something I needed - not very rare but half the price it's normally offered at

I find it more addictive when selling, can't help checking to see if any new bids or watchers, several times a day sometimes Thumbs Up
Bokbag

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:13 pm 
Post subject:

Several times per day. I have multiple searches but will now mostly wait for it to go to auction rather than buy it bows. I have had a couple of very good deals on BIN but I have also overpaid (it turns out) for others. I think broadly they reach their right price in auction items.
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:15 pm 
Post subject:

I'm sure it's not but it feels like every single minute of every single day...

Checking for things I might need for my collection listing stuff I no longer need and sometimes for reference sake too.
CHRIS GIBBS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:23 pm 
Post subject:

As a member of the Pompey History Society, I will trawl through a few categories that might feature anything of interest to us, every few days.
Rather that all the members of the group searching the same categories, they leave it to me to see whats on there. As a group, we have picked up a few interesting items for our archive at different prices.
If I personally have items on the site to sell, I just set it up so I am notified if any one shows an interest, which lately, has not been that often!
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:44 pm 
Post subject:

I like to have a good extensive trawl in the evening, with one eye on the telly & the other on the lappy.

It's possibly also why I'm beginning to look like Marty Feldman.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
grantham

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:55 am 
Post subject:

I'm glad over half of the responses have been several times a day, I don't feel so bad now Smile

I've never really liked bidsnipers, half the thrill is bidding in the last few minutes to win an item, bidsniper takes that away. It also makes me commit to a top price, whereas bidding I may see what the current high bidder has placed through my bidding pattern and know the next bid will win it

I suppose the trade-off is never forgetting to bid on a book I want/need, versus the thrill of the chase Smile
Five and In

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:01 am 
Post subject: How often do you check ebay ?

I'm on there all the time and it's a mixture between collecting and business for me.
The computer is turned on as soon as I get up and gets turned off when I go to bed.

I search various catagories daily and others every now and then and still find a good bargain every now and then to add to my personal collection, but most of my activity is around selling as I currently have around 16,000 items listed and there is a steady flow of sales throughout most days that need to be dealt with.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:13 pm 
Post subject:

grantham wrote:
I'm glad over half of the responses have been several times a day, I don't feel so bad now Smile

I've never really liked bidsnipers, half the thrill is bidding in the last few minutes to win an item, bidsniper takes that away. It also makes me commit to a top price, whereas bidding I may see what the current high bidder has placed through my bidding pattern and know the next bid will win it

I suppose the trade-off is never forgetting to bid on a book I want/need, versus the thrill of the chase Smile

I see it differently, if there is something i want i decide how much i am prepared to spend and i would say and i guess many others could also comment that 90% off the time i get it well below, only when it is sometimes something special do you have to go all the way and then sometimes you miss out-but that is how it goes, with AuctionSniper i feel to a small degree i am in some sort of control and it is my decision so i get more than i lose and i am not having to hang around-but we are all different....

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:47 am 
Post subject: Re: How often do you check ebay ?

Five and In wrote:
I'm on there all the time and it's a mixture between collecting and business for me.
The computer is turned on as soon as I get up and gets turned off when I go to bed.

I search various catagories daily and others every now and then and still find a good bargain every now and then to add to my personal collection, but most of my activity is around selling as I currently have around 16,000 items listed and there is a steady flow of sales throughout most days that need to be dealt with.

Just sent you a PM on a different matter.

HendonHotshots

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:30 pm 
Post subject:

Window shopping on eBay this afternoon for nothing in particular and there seems to be a bidding frenzy on the Spurs v Rennes postponed programme which is not available for sale on reach sport website

given the late postponement im guessing it’s been mass produced but given the interest that it has then subsequently been pulped??
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: