Football Programmes Centre

MAN UTD 1968 rival Estudiantes road to title OFFICIAL PROG
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MAN UTD 1968 rival Estudiantes road to title OFFICIAL PROG
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes For Sale at Fixed Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RED&WHITE68

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:14 pm 
Post subject: MAN UTD 1968 rival Estudiantes road to title OFFICIAL PROG

Hi mates, check this rarity about WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP 1968

This is the Estudiantes de La Plata official Libertadores Cup Programme, the road to title to face Manchester United at the Intercontinental Cup 1968 final...

MINT conditions, it has even not bended pages

Price is: 300GBP
Payments thru paypal
Account checked since 2003

CodeXIII

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:10 pm 
Post subject:

I thought this was the official programme for that game?
Interesting item you have there, never seen one before.
Pablo2019

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:51 pm 
Post subject:

Great item, very interesting and scarce too I’m sure.

Has absolutely nothing to do with Man Utd though, unfortunately.
RED&WHITE68

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:45 pm 
Post subject:

CodeXIII wrote:

Yes, that's the prog for the WWC 1968, but mine it's from Libertadores Cup, the road to title to face Man Utd...
RED&WHITE68

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:51 pm 
Post subject:

Pablo2019 wrote:
Great item, very interesting and scarce too I’m sure.

Has absolutely nothing to do with Man Utd though, unfortunately.

Well, does and does not. That was the road to face Man Utd, some collectors like to get the full history...
RED&WHITE68

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:47 pm 
Post subject: Re: MAN UTD 1968 rival Estudiantes road to title OFFICIAL PR

[quote="RED&WHITE68"]Hi mates, check this rarity about WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP 1968

This is the Estudiantes de La Plata official Libertadores Cup Programme, the road to title to face Manchester United at the Intercontinental Cup 1968 final...

MINT conditions, it has even not bended pages

Price is: 300GBP
Payments thru paypal
Account checked since 2003

BY THE WAY, I got some interesting newspapers from Buenos Aires to sell, check photos...

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:23 pm 
Post subject: Estudiantes

Hi are the 4 newspapers complete or just the pages you are showing?.

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:28 pm 
Post subject:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjeAGCCJ

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
RED&WHITE68

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:21 pm 
Post subject: Re: Estudiantes

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:

Complete newspapers!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:39 pm 

RED&WHITE68 wrote:

Complete newspapers!

What are the dates of the 3 Newspapers that involve EDP-Manchester United
it looks like all 3 are before the first meeting in Buenos Aires? also the price for the 3 please including postage-Thank You.

Jim LFC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:12 pm 
Post subject:

CodeXIII wrote:

Anyone know what the 1967 and 68 issues are worth?!

http://www.footballprogrammece.....highlight=
overlap

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:54 pm 
Post subject:

There are two items associated with the 1967 Racing v Celtic game in Buenos Airies.
There was the Racing club weekly newspaper which came out on the day of the second leg, 1 November, which had articles and player details for the game that day, plus pictures from the first leg at Parkhead.

Then there is the more-common colour brochure, the undated Racing El Campeon, which is a wider review of Racing's achievements and also has a preview of the Celtic game.
If you have the patience to scour South America you could buy this for about £100, in the UK it goes for about £150 to £200 (there are also some crazily priced copies on Ebay).
For a while there were colour copies of the covers of this brochure being sold as a four page "programme" (which they obviously were not), and I now see the whole Racing Campeon brochure has been reprinted (as have match tickets).

For the third game, the play off in Montevideo, I have not seen anything apart from the various Argentinian football magazines of the time, El Grafico etc.
I will leave the 1968 Estudiantes values to Leslie!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:46 pm 
Post subject: Estudiantes

Hi Overlap I was going to add a few words re the pricing for the programme that you see as it was never sold to the 70,000 packed in to the Boca Juniors stadium but given to the dignatories and official of both clubs.

As far as MU the programme that does have team line upd was slipped inside a dark Blue fodder along with Tourist Information re Buenos Aires, team photo of Estudiantes, Team Sheet,Brochure of how Estudiantes won the Liberadores(same as the item offered by the original poster of this Subject but who has now it seems disappeared when asked to offer a price for his items), a nice Red and White brochure all about the History of their club which had several pages welcoming United(one copy is on Stacey's auction next week) , there was also a set of Accounts re Estudiantes and some of their club magazinës where United are mentioned.

That was the background now for the facts and figures. It is like the Antiques Roadshow where the expert is having an orgasm harping on and on and the owner is stood their with gritted teeth thinking how bloody much is it worth!
Laughing

18 years ago I came into possession of 2 copies, one in the official bindur with most of the aforementioned items when I bought Jimmy Murphys from a 3rd party the other one camevfrom South America directly and was identical in every way , I sold it for £12,000 the person does not collect anymore but still has it so that makes 2 so far. MUFC has a copy that's 3, Raymond Adler has one that's 4 then maybe 15 years ago I sold another one on behalf of a collector for £10,000 that's 5.

That collector some years ago decided to sell up and he put it with everything else in Andy Lanes auction at Luton well before he became an official crook and it sold for £10,000 plus back then 12.5 to 15% commissions.

The buyer of number 5 has sincevtried to sell it more than on one occasion and I think wanted his money back and I cannot be 100% but heard it was down to 8,000 but that was maybev2 to 3 years ago so he may well still have it, he is on this Forum.

If I have missed out any other information about maybe others pleaselet us all know.

To muddy the water a re print was produced 10 to 12 years ago around 500 copies and sold for a fiver but there is no mention of it being a reproduction so over the years quite a few have thoughtbthey have stuck Gold only for me and others to advise them if they paid a fiver they were done as laser printing was not invented in the Junta in the back strrets of Buenos Aires in 1968 they were too busy plotting for ways to attacki "Islas Malvinas"

Oh and if you are wondering who the United collector was who arranged the re print it was certainly not me!!!!.

My next article for PM Npvember 2021 features this programme and the 1968 European Cup Final where Estudiantes ripped off the Wembley artwork from the front cover amongst other things!

Jim LFC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:57 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers Overlap and Leslie for those interesting and detailed responses! Thumbs Up
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:14 pm 

Hi Overlap I was going to add a few words re the pricing for the programme that you see as it was never sold to the 70,000 packed in to the Boca Juniors stadium but given to the dignatories and official of both clubs.

As far as MU the programme that does have team line upd was slipped inside a dark Blue folder along with Tourist Information re Buenos Aires, team photo of Estudiantes, Team Sheet,Brochure of how Estudiantes won the Liberadores(same as the item offered by the original poster of this Subject but who has now it seems disappeared when asked to offer a price for his items), a nice Red and White brochure all about the History of their club which had several pages welcoming United(one copy is on Stacey's auction next week) , there was also a set of Accounts re Estudiantes and some of their club magazinës where United are mentioned.

That was the background now for the facts and figures. It is like the Antiques Roadshow where the expert is having an orgasm harping on and on and the owner is stood their with gritted teeth thinking how bloody much is it worth!
Laughing

18 years ago I came into possession of 2 copies, one in the official binder with most of the aforementioned items when I bought Jimmy Murphys from a 3rd party the other one came from South America directly and was identical in every way , I sold it for £12,000 the person does not collect anymore but still has it so that makes 2 so far. MUFC has a copy that's 3, Raymond Adler has one that's 4 then maybe 15 years ago I sold another one on behalf of a collector for £10,000 that's 5.

That collector some years ago decided to sell up and he put it with everything else in Andy Lanes auction at Luton well before he became an official full time crook and it sold for £10,000 plus back then 12.5 to 15% commissions.

The buyer of number 5 has since tried to sell it more than on one occasion and I think wanted his money back and I cannot be 100% but heard it was down to 8,000 but that was maybe 2 to 3 years ago so he may well still have it, he is on this Forum.

If I have missed out any other information about maybe others please let us all know.

To muddy the waters a re print was produced 10 to 12 years ago around 500 copies and sold for a fiver but there is no mention of it being a reproduction so over the years quite a few have thought they have stuck Gold only for me and others to advise them if they paid a fiver they were done as laser printing was not invented in the Junta in the back strrets of Buenos Aires in 1968 they were too busy plotting for ways to attacki "Islas Malvinas"

Oh and if you are wondering who the United collector was who arranged the re print it was certainly not me!!!!.

My next article for PM November 2021 features this programme and the 1968 European Cup Final where Estudiantes ripped off the Wembley artwork from the front cover amongst other things!

overlap

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:03 pm 
Post subject:

That PM article re Estudiantes 68 should be interesting.
Out of interest, here is the Racing newspaper printed on the day of the game against Celtic on 1 Nov 67.
It says "YES WIN TONIGHT $800, 000; $1,200, 000 FOR THE TITLE".
That is Celtic keeper Ronnie Simpson at top and an unknown Racing player.

The two different player financial incentive sums refer to Racing winning the second leg (800k), which would have automatically triggered a playoff (aggregate scores did not count in these games - Celtic had won the first leg) and given the Racing team the chance of the bigger bonus payday (1.2m).

ndg1860

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:19 pm 
Post subject:

I see the brochure for this match is up on Stacey's Oct 25 auction with estimates of £2,800-£3,000.

https://www.staceyauction.com/Auction-Detail_286518
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:58 pm 
Post subject:

ndg1860 wrote:
I see the brochure for this match is up on Stacey's Oct 25 auction with estimates of £2,800-£3,000.

https://www.staceyauction.com/Auction-Detail_286518

I did mention about this History Brochure when I wrote earlier. It is as scarce as the programme but not in the league of the programme pricewise.
Again not many have ever surfaced, to my knowledge maybe a handfull if that. What puts it in this league is the fact there is so little official from this match in Argentina.

It will be interesting to see how it fares.....

https://flic.kr/p/2mgFRyd

ndg1860

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:12 pm 
Post subject:

I did mention about this History Brochure when I wrote earlier. It is as scarce as the programme but not in the league of the programme pricewise.
Again not many have ever surfaced, to my knowledge maybe a handfull if that. What puts it in this league is the fact there is so little official from this match in Argentina.

It will be interesting to see how it fares.....

https://flic.kr/p/2mgFRyd

Yes, many rather rare Manchester United items up. Sent you a PM about one.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:07 am 
Post subject:

Go careful dealing with the op everyone. Some, including me have tried to PM him but you just get this message. "Sorry, but no such user exists"
We have also tried the email button but emails just bounce back. I am not sure if this is a scammer so am going to lock the thread.
RED&WHITE68 Please pm me if you are legit and I will try and sort out what is wrong. Cheers, Jamie.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes For Sale at Fixed Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: