Football Programmes Centre

Just Football Posters.....
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Just Football Posters.....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Match day posters.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:24 am 
Post subject: Just Football Posters.....

When i started to collect again after i had to sell it all in 2000, i was offered 2 original Match posters from the USA for Tour matches in 1950 and 1960. Both Posters are only small but it tells me others must have been produced yet since then none have ever surfaced and my original contact in the USA has never come across them again or any others. I will highlight the 1950 at a later time.

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!

Last edited by manchesterunitedman1 on Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:04 am 
Post subject: 1997-8 Pre Season Pirelli Cup Poster

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:34 pm 
Post subject:

I love those. I'm in the process of getting some framed. They are well overdue so should be back in the next day or 2. I will share photos.

Here is another Manchester United one from their only meeting with Limerick.

East Lower

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:27 pm 
Post subject:

garyspain wrote:
I love those. I'm in the process of getting some framed. They are well overdue so should be back in the next day or 2. I will share photos.

How much for schoolgirls? Wink
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:34 pm 
Post subject:

garyspain wrote:

Hi Gary, Don't bother going to the expensive of a frame as I will take it off ur hands Laughing

Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:35 pm 
Post subject:

Gary, is that Tony Ward, the brilliant Irish rugby player?
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:27 pm 
Post subject:

Yes the very same Tony Ward. He was a hugely talented footballer as well. He won an FAI Cup with Limerick and played in Europe v Southampton.

If another one turns up I'll keep you in mind Leslie. I actually only got the ticket for this game recently. Sadly I never bothered keeping tickets in those days.

My sister actually went to the game. She remains a big Man Utd fan and held a season ticket for many years.

She is just in front of me in her Man Utd shirt beside Ray Wilkins.

Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:58 pm 
Post subject: Just Football Posters…..

Gary, as a kid l did go to some of those Man United pre- season games in Dublin , mid 1960s . Although some are very basic,, some of these posters are to some extent works of art. I’ve got a couple of original psychedelic American rock concert late 1960s posters somewhere. At the time ,few people thought that in years to come they would be very collectible.. Like autographs and tickets, I think it’s often by chance that you manage to hang on to some stuff. I had a pal( a few years older than me) who was a para-medic. In his youth through to his twenties , he was a member of Rory Storm and The Hurricanes. At one time they were probably bigger than The Beatles on Merseyside. I went to his house once and he had a suitcase full of posters . It just so happened that wherever they appeared on Merseyside or in Hamburg, The Beatles were usually on the same bill as them. Obviously they were worth a fortune.. I asked him why did he take the posters off the wall of wherever they played? He said he had an idea that something special was going on and he wanted proof that he was a part of it all to show his ancestors.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:06 pm 
Post subject: Re: Just Football Posters…..

Flaming Pie wrote:
Gary, as a kid l did go to some of those Man United pre- season games in Dublin , mid 1960s . Although some are very basic,, some of these posters are to some extent works of art. I’ve got a couple of original psychedelic American rock concert late 1960s posters somewhere. At the time ,few people thought that in years to come they would be very collectible.. Like autographs and tickets, I think it’s often by chance that you manage to hang on to some stuff. I had a pal( a few years older than me) who was a para-medic. In his youth through to his twenties , he was a member of Rory Storm and The Hurricanes. At one time they were probably bigger than The Beatles on Merseyside. I went to his house once and he had a suitcase full of posters . It just so happened that wherever they appeared on Merseyside or in Hamburg, The Beatles were usually on the same bill as them. Obviously they were worth a fortune.. I asked him why did he take the posters off the wall of wherever they played? He said he had an idea that something special was going on and he wanted proof that he was a part of it all to show his ancestors.

Hi I sent you a PM couple of days ago....

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:11 pm 
Post subject: Re: Just Football Posters…..

Flaming Pie wrote:

Talking about being basic you cannot get anymore than this effort for the Home Farm v Manchester United in 1980.
Measuring just 23 x 30cm printed on card, this would have been for a shop window? or around the area?? Nowt special but a pretty scarce item as i have not seen any others-has anyone else??

garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:12 pm 
Post subject:

I would imagine those posters would be worth a fortune.

A collector in Dublin who passed away a number of years ago in his 80's used to cycle around Dublin in the late 1930's and 1940's collecting the cinema posters as the latest movies changed. He didn't just keep one copy but multiple copies of each.

A programme collector I still know well many many years ago (30-40 I reckon) ended up giving a lift home to a movie collector from the above gentleman's house. My friend indicated the man's programme collection may have been worth more than his (albeit modest) house in Dublin. The movie guy responded that the cinema posters would be several multiples of that.
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:50 pm 
Post subject: Just Football Posters…

Leslie, just sent you a pm . Let me know if it gets through .
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:01 pm 
Post subject: Re: Just Football Posters…

Flaming Pie wrote:
Leslie, just sent you a pm . Let me know if it gets through .

Got it thanks and replied Thumbs Up

Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:16 pm 
Post subject: Just Football Posters….

Gary, that story about the bloke on his bike cycling around Dublin picking up film posters, sounds like something Roddy Doyle could turn into a best seller!
galmpton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:31 pm 
Post subject: Just Football Posters

I enclose a FA Cup item from 1923 advertising the Cup final and the British Empire Exhibition
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:35 pm 
Post subject: Re: Just Football Posters

galmpton wrote:

I enclose a FA Cup item from 1923 advertising the Cup final and the British Empire Exhibition

Excellent item there Stewart!!

Not going to find many of those lying around 98 years on.

holtie96

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:16 pm 
Post subject: Poster

Does this count?
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:43 pm 
Post subject: Re: Poster

holtie96 wrote:

Does this count?

this one does

https://flic.kr/p/78rguY as it is a poster not a banner.

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:45 pm 
Post subject: 1999

if we are talking Banners then this is as good as it can get from 1999, 8ft in length and 3ft in width

This hangs on my 3rd floor off the staircase but impossible to photograph like that to get it all in so laying it down to get the full impact. and the dimensions and the length.

I selected these 2 out and a friend from Rochdale brought them back in his transit van along with 15 others stuffed in[people not posters!] Laughing

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:06 pm 
Post subject: 1999

Oh and i spent the whole of half time that night at the Nou Camp removing these off the walls on the staircases-i gave up after i got 7 and the 2nd half started.

If anyone ever sees these posters without the sponsors names on the bottom then they are fakes.

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Match day posters. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: