Football Programmes Centre

Still alive, still collecting
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Still alive, still collecting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superblue

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:15 am 
Post subject: Still alive, still collecting

Hello, I hope everyone is well. This is my first post for over 3 years, at the time I fell out of love with this forum and badge collecting as a whole. In the three years that has passed, like most people… a lot has happened and changed in my life, some positive, some not so. But I have carried on collecting badges, no special or expensive badges but ones that take my fancy. I may pop by this forum from time to time but you can follow my Flickr to keep updated with my badge collection. On twitter?, then follow my main account and my account dedicated to non league football in Cumbria.

Thanks, kyle

Twitter: @kyledixon30 or @NLCumbria
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/135035936@N02/albums

Last edited by Superblue on Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrestytheLion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:32 pm 
Post subject:

Lovely to hear that you are still around, and great that you may be back.

I did the same, especially after the treatment of littlewiggy, & some of the comments, didn't come on here for a couple of years but he's back as well so hopefully get some badge debates going again.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:37 pm 
Post subject:

Yes, just echoing what Gresty has said, it's great to hear from you Kyle. Great too that your enthusiasm for collecting these enchanting chunks of metal hasn't waned.

It matters not what you collect, buddy, nor what you spend, the only important thing is that it is personal & pleasurable. Collecting should be from the heart or not all.

Indeed, your lovely Cumbria collection inspired me to start my own "Gwent" (& South East Wales) collection a couple of years back, which, thanks to some great lads on here (you know who are) is coming along a treat.

Even in my absence, I never stopped sporadically reading this forum and the atmosphere & tone felt so cordial these days that I couldn't resist poking my beak around the corner once more.

Good to have you back, my friend. Thumbs Up

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
bee007

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:49 pm 
Post subject: Still alive, still collecting

Yes, glad your all back. Although badge collecting is a personal thing, it is still interesting to read and hear what other people collect, want or need. I enjoy looking out for others just as much as for myself.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:23 pm 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:
Yes, just echoing what Gresty has said, it's great to hear from you Kyle. Great too that your enthusiasm for collecting these enchanting chunks of metal hasn't waned.

It matters not what you collect, buddy, nor what you spend, the only important thing is that it is personal & pleasurable. Collecting should be from the heart or not all.

Indeed, your lovely Cumbria collection inspired me to start my own "Gwent" (& South East Wales) collection a couple of years back, which, thanks to some great lads on here (you know who are) is coming along a treat.

Even in my absence, I never stopped sporadically reading this forum and the atmosphere & tone felt so cordial these days that I couldn't resist poking my beak around the corner once more.

Good to have you back, my friend. Thumbs Up

Great to have you back Wiggy-Gresty-Superblue genuine collectors and your comments below Wiggy says it all:

It matters not what you collect, buddy, nor what you spend, the only important thing is that it is personal & pleasurable. Collecting should be from the heart or not all. Thumbs Up

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Superblue

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:15 pm 
Post subject:

Thank you all for your nice messages, much appreciated Smile
Sufc93

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:24 pm 
Post subject:

Hi,
I am exactly the same, started as a little hobby, got a bit obsessed with it now I’ve calmed down. I think it comes in cycles with me. I don’t collect special editions or anything just club crest badges.

I am always on the lookout though to fill my collection
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: