Football Programmes Centre

2021/22 Matchbadges thread
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2021/22 Matchbadges thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:47 pm 
Post subject: 2021/22 Matchbadges thread

You've got to have a dream,
If you don't have a dream?
How you gonna have a dream come true?

South Pacific? No, my reference is Captain Sensible, and he was clearly singing about nothing other than coveted matchday badges of course, I am sure of that.

These sought after gems were very hard to find last season, but I still obtained way more than the number of Premier League matches I was able to attend.

So with renewed vigour and vim, we again invite all manner of pictures and information on this seasons offerings. Official, unofficial and downright dreadful examples are all welcome, especially any error badges!

ALL divisions, one thread! Roll up, roll up!

Show us your Wimbledon's, Wolves and Stoke's - lets see them all!

I kick off with an unofficial Chelsea badge, breaching all manner of copyrights!

littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:25 pm 
Post subject:

Well look who's come rolling back like a bad penny ... me!

Nice idea Dorking, and I very much hope I can add to it once ours start trundling in. I was promised official "Ipswich v Newport" League Cup badges if we won the game, which we did (with 11 changes to our team - although the Quest Show only negated to mention the mere "10" changes to the Ipswich team, obviously), and I'd dearly hope there'll be a set for the tie with the Saints also.

So, let the good times roll ...
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:55 pm 
Post subject:

Easy Welcome back Liam! Great to have you on board! I did stumble on a few Newport badges for a cup game on ebay, then I realised it was last season!
Newport do love a good cup run in recent seasons, even appearaing at Wembley Stadium no less (for a replay when it was Spurs' ground)

Whilst last season was somewhat sparse in the badge department, our old pal Stanislav sent me a vast hoard of matchbadges for the whole season (20/21)!
I will try and find the pics and bung it on last seasons thread. Of course, without bumping it, else it will get confusing.

Happy collecting!
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:32 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers pal, you've been missed.

Unbelievably, we went 100 years without appearing at Wembley, and have now been five times in the last ten years. It's almost become a bore. Plastic glasses of warm lager at £6 or £7 a pop with a wasp floating in them only hold so much allure for us South Walian Neanderthals.

I didn't even attempt the £10 hot dog which looked like my own dog may have accidentally produced it. But that's "new" Wembley for you, so hey ho.

Here's hoping for good times on the badge front, our kid.
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:02 pm 
Post subject:

Palace are in the Papa Johns Trophy for the first time this season, so there is the challenge of not only if there will be programmes (or failing that, teamsheets) at those games (all of which will be away), but also if any sort of badge is made!

I appreciate that U21 Cat 1 Academy clubs are not particularly welcome in the competition by other clubs fans, but all I can say is that I very much look forward to going to the games, including some new league grounds to visit that we otherwise would rarely get to go to.

Obviously collecting our usual stuff is up against it at the moment - lots of games not issuing printed programmes, e-tickets replacing printed tickets and so on. Even my club are threatening mobile phone tickets only.

I am sure a few of the usual flagbearers for matchday badges will continue to issue, so the badge hobby will keep going at some level through these changing times
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:35 pm 
Post subject:

More of a Chelsea away badge than a Brentford issue to be honest, but there's not a lot about so thought it was worth a mention

Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:55 pm 
Post subject:

There might be an interest in Newport-Southampton badges from the Saints collectors now Sad
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:01 pm 
Post subject:

It was certainly a ruddy good spanking, mate.

That'll teach us for laying a pristine, new, billiard table of a pitch.
It'll be the usual ploughed field (hopefully) by the time the FAC comes around!
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:58 pm 
Post subject:

Must admit, it did seem a strange thing to do.
Unless Michael Flynn wants the exiles playing a more passing and ball retention sort of game.

Went down to Newport about 5-6 years ago for a pre-season friendly against my team, QPR.
At the time there was a parody song about Newport based on the Jay Z/Alicia Keys hit about New York, so that probably swayed my reason for going.
Very Happy
Really enjoyed it and the match badges produced, though the 0-0 draw didn't bode well for our upcoming Premier League season...
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:46 pm 
Post subject:

Slim pickings continue so here goes

Man Utd:

At Newcastle, for their game against West Ham in August, they used the 20/21 corporate badge!
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:48 pm 
Post subject:

Must admit, if they do that for when Palace visit, the badge will be going in my 20/21 folder!
Duncan77

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:51 pm 
Post subject:

Everton match badge
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:30 pm 
Post subject:

Newport County League Cup games ...

Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:59 am 
Post subject:

Lovely stuff Duncan and Liam!
Good to see Everton badges, gives hope Liverpool will be doing the same! (going to Anfield in a few days, so we shall see what there is!)

Newport ones are very smart as ever.

Wolves and WBA below

Not the greatest, but fills a gap if nothing else (Wolves should have something much better quality usually)
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:40 pm 
Post subject:

Liverpool, Prem and European.

Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:53 pm 
Post subject:

Accrington Stanley

done for every home L1 fixture. £3 from the Fanzone and by the turnstile
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:57 pm 
Post subject:

Wycombe Wanderers

Terry's badges stall is usually just inside the gates at Adams park near the programme hut and the away fans 'village-area'
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:01 pm 
Post subject:

Manchester City Women (really!)

Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:02 pm 
Post subject:

Liverpool

littlewiggy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:30 pm 
Post subject:

Fair play to Accrington, they always do great match badges & have done for several years now. They really are a smashing little club, it's a shame they got promoted! Very Happy

(Or rather, it's a shame we've been scandalously robbed & cheated in two play-off finals in three years!!! )

The Liverpool & Everton badges are very nice, as always,

I have over 6,000 badges in my collection now, but nothing for women's football. I don't recognise it as the same game that I follow, and if I'm honest, I despise the way they cling onto the coat tails of the men's game in an effort to give theirs some credibility. Sexist?? Maybe.

(I'll fetch my tin foil hat)

The West Brom & Wolves badges are pretty terrible, aren't they. But, just like you, Dorking, I'm no badge snob either & will happily (& gladly) buy those for games where nothing better exists. I know I'll never get any money back for them when I eventually sell up, but I don't care, they're the badges I buy with the heart not the head.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: