Football Programmes Centre

Bryan Horsnell's collection
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bryan Horsnell's collection
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
se20blue

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:12 pm 
Post subject: Bryan Horsnell's collection

One of the first collectors I meet,a gentleman.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-58423343
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:35 pm 
Post subject:

Wow, lovely items, I wonder what else Mr Horsnell has?

I notice that Graham Budd was impressed & complimentary about all the caps being intact. Be pretty ironic now if he splits them into lots.
lol
Maidonian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:25 pm 
Post subject:

NWM Football

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:21 pm 
Post subject:

I don't know WHAT the F.A. were thinking when they ditched the beautiful design of F.A. Cup winner's medals which had roughly been the same style since the 1890's in favour of these pieces of tat on ribbons for this year's final.

F'kn clueless !!!
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
nutfield priory

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:01 pm 
Post subject: Bryan Horsnell's collection

Totally agree with your comments NWM Football, the last of the proper medals to loose its status of being given in a presentation case, now following FIFA and UEFA lead with dangles

Nowdays they are all presented with a 'tat' medal on a sponsors ribbon, waste of time as all the losers take them off straight after being given their
tat.
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:51 pm 
Post subject: Bryan Horsnell’s collection

Nutfield,,totally agree. The original FA Cup medal was a beauty. Here’s the Warney Cresswell winners medal from the 1933 Everton v Man City final. I showed it to the grandkids recently. They seemed impressed, l think! . Not certain if kids are into the history of the game . Didn’t bother telling them it’s a copy Laughing Someone is actually selling an original losers medal from the 1933 final on eBay at the moment. It’s in the thousands if anyone fancies it. Can’t remember if it states who was the recipient . If it was Swift or Busby,, that would bump up the value.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:20 pm 
Post subject:

Here is one of my favorite items and it has nothing to do with Manchester United playing!

https://flic.kr/p/yPmscB
https://flic.kr/p/yQ8c7x

I also think how this must have been held tight in the hand so as not to lose it in the Mud, with the fitted case making everything look fantastic!

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:27 pm 
Post subject: Re: Bryan Horsnell’s collection

Flaming Pie wrote:
Nutfield,,totally agree. The original FA Cup medal was a beauty. Here’s the Warney Cresswell winners medal from the 1933 Everton v Man City final. I showed it to the grandkids recently. They seemed impressed, l think! . Not certain if kids are into the history of the game . Didn’t bother telling them it’s a copy Laughing Someone is actually selling an original losers medal from the 1933 final on eBay at the moment. It’s in the thousands if anyone fancies it. Can’t remember if it states who was the recipient . If it was Swift or Busby,, that would bump up the value.

I can assure you it is not Matt Busby's as that is still with his Family, but whoever this particular medal once belonged too it is not worth imo half of what the seller is asking, it is a coin seller and he thinks he has struck Gold Laughing

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:56 pm 

Leslie, it’s a bit pricey, Buy lt Now for just under £5,000. I wonder why the player who received it never had his name inscribed on it? On the Manchester theme, in my box of bits , l’ve got a small silver bowl relating to the first Manchester team to play in the FA Cup. Manchester FC are the club in question . I think they travelled to Scotland to take on Queens Park in an early FA Cup fixture. They later became a rugby union outfit . 1889 is the date on it. It was awarded to the winner of a veterans race.
cribsie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:10 pm 
Post subject:

Like myself Bryan is from Reading and I've known him for over 30 years, so I'm chuffed that he did so well.
NWM Football

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:51 am 
Post subject:

The item that caught my eye was the Tottenham 1987 F.A. Cup Final shirt. It was an 'unsponsored' No. 16, and went for £1100 + bp.

Made me think a) what would it have sold for had it been a matchworn example rather than one from the spares. [For the unaware, the real story behind those shirts is that in the run-up to the Final that F.A. were receiving calls from, shall we say, less liberal countries who said they may not transmit the game if a team turned out with alcoholic branding. A new set of plain shirts had been earmarked for use by the youth team in a summer tournament, so they were pulled and sent to have 'F.A. Cup Final 1987' embroidered in case they were needed. The F.A. gave Spurs the nod just ahead of the final that Holsten shirts would be OK - but the two sets of shirts got mixed up before being taken to Wembley, hence the cock up in the match itself] and b) what would it have sold for has Spurs won the match rather than lost it.
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:45 pm 
Post subject:

[quote="NWM Football"]I don't know WHAT the F.A. were thinking when they ditched the beautiful design of F.A. Cup winner's medals which had roughly been the same style since the 1890's in favour of these pieces of tat on ribbons for this year's final.

F'kn clueless !!![/quote]

Everything about modern footy is rubbish.

The tacky kits, the screaming players following a light shoulder tap, the plastic, sterile stadiums, the semis at Wembley, the extortionate prices & ticket-purchase blackmail, the idiot pundits, oil clubs buying trophies, the international breaks, vulture agents, ruddy VAR, goal music ... oh dear, I could go on & on.

Created by the poor, stolen by the rich, indeed.

I'd happily sack it off completely were I not so darned addicted. Smile
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:49 am 
Post subject:

Continuing from Littlewiggy..the corporate boxes attended by people who don't want to be there, the outplayers wearing of gloves, the bright hi-vis colour of the players boots, deliberate falling down in the penalty area, falling down to get players booked, tattoo's, loud celebration on the stadium speaker system when a goal is scored, ridiculous flames and streamers when a team has won a trophy. programmes the size of Argos catalogues......I am definetely renaming myself Victor Meldew, perhaps that's why I am known as Grumpypants!!!!!!
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:14 pm 
Post subject:

Well said Grumpy.

Bringing back proper floodlight pylons, footballs with laces in them, the "ABC" half-time scoreboard, terraces with lakes of piss, pay-on-the-day turnstiles, British Rail specials, excessive sideburns for star players, home-painted wooden rattles, pools coupons, little blue disabled cars parked behind the goal, dubbin, the Football Argus, steaming hot Oxo and Smith's Crisps would be a good start.

Nod
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:39 pm 
Post subject:

Also not forgetting real grass with real mud, especially in the winter Nod
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:13 pm 
Post subject:

Finishing a days work 'down pit', to go and play football for bag full of carrots. Smile
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:31 pm 

The old bloke on the turnstile telling you to lift your kid over , even though your kid was in his early twenties and was too bloody heavy to lift over the metal turnstile Laughing
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:07 pm 
Post subject:

Or a fat referee with a personality

Incidentally, you can still get an atmosphere at a rickety old ground in the Premier League. Selhurst Park was exploding yesterday!
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:23 pm 
Post subject: Re: Bryan Horsnell’s collection

Flaming Pie wrote:
The old bloke on the turnstile telling you to lift your kid over , even though your kid was in his early twenties and was too bloody heavy to lift over the metal turnstile Laughing

Haha, as you'll well know, Pie, on the Kop in the 80s you'd always have a line of local kids loitering next to the turnstile, each one "ducking in" with every paying (slim) adult ... and the turnstile operator going all Ray Charles & not seeing a damn thing, bless him.

Of course, local kids & the great atmosphere they created are generally not welcome these days. Well, not unless they're carrying a Gold Am-Ex card.

Very Happy
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:27 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
Or a fat referee with a personality

We still have Jon Moss for that, Pete ... whoops, I see you said "with a personality" ... yeah, you're right, we have none.

Shake
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: