Football Programmes Centre

Update on my Flickr site - Everton - Bob Latchford
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Update on my Flickr site - Everton - Bob Latchford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy1966

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:17 pm 
Post subject: Update on my Flickr site - Everton - Bob Latchford

I continue to scan EVERY page of my collection, now up to 1962-63 Homes and just completing 1958-59 Aways

Now at 24187 scans of all items, its hard work but hopefully will be a reference point for Everton and other clubs supporters

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_latchford/albums
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:50 pm 
Post subject: Re: Update on my Flickr site - Everton - Bob Latchford

andy1966 wrote:
I continue to scan EVERY page of my collection, now up to 1962-63 Homes and just completing 1958-59 Aways

Now at 24187 scans of all items, its hard work but hopefully will be a reference point for Everton and other clubs supporters

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_latchford/albums

Brilliant! not so much hard work more monotonous and down right boring scanning then each item has to be cropped and and and!-well done but do not forget to renew your Pro Membership! Thumbs Up

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
andy1966

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:01 pm 
Post subject:

Renewed for a couple of years now. All good and as you say monotonous, but somehow rewarding
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:20 am 
Post subject:

andy1966 wrote:
Renewed for a couple of years now. All good and as you say monotonous, but somehow rewarding

100% the proof of the pudding is there for all to see.

Collectors who prefer not to show anything and keep everything close to their chests like state secrets are of course entitled to their views and modus operandi for sure but that way does not suit everyone.

This is a hobby not a business-no one earns anything from the number of views you recieve, but in a diminishing hobby in that it seems not too many now want to be involved and with some clubs no longer interested in producing then to be able to share to like minded folks[with an interest in the same club or football in general] makes it all the more worthwhile.

Personally for me, i have always thought what is the point of collecting all this stuff if only i get to see it??, when i came across flickr in 2007 i put a few bits on and then did nothing for 2 more years as I was gradually building it up again and after that point as so many others have said it became difficult to drop the habit, i even had one person set up a flickr site for MUFC and his aim was to originally show everything that i never had! [or in my case what i had not added at that time!, as i add stuff eclectically never in any set format usually].

Another point which is linked to some of what i have just said is how few so called enthusiasts never post anything onto this forum to show even one item of what they have, it is not about showing off as some used to do it is about sharing images, information that others can see exist or things they have not seen before and now know what it looks like that is about being in a hobby not looking from the sides and popping up every so often with snide comments to all and sundry.

I am 1000% certain i have over the years shown many items that others have now gone to look for and the same for me as i have seen stuff that now i can look out for as well that i was unaware existed.

Well all i can say is that when i get carted off and shoved in that hole-no one can ever say i did not show what i had and it does not have to be the most expensive items it can be a 50p bus ticket if it has some connection to your club.

No doubt i will get some negative feedback for writing these words but you know what-i could not give a flying f@@k its my brass that i worked hard for and i can do what suits me and as i said earlier if you have the opposite view to me then that is fine, we all cannot be the same but you cannot tell me your getting as much pleasure from the hobby by keeping it under lock and key with the curtains shut tight and no lights on.

Until we clash again Laughing

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: