Football Programmes Centre

The Big Match - Programme Exhibition 1980 plug
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Big Match - Programme Exhibition 1980 plug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:16 pm 
Post subject: The Big Match - Programme Exhibition 1980 plug

Keen nostalgia fans will no doubt be aware of the fabulous collection of "The Big Match Revisited" programmes on ITV 4 iPlayer catch up. They're particularly enjoyable to me as they cover the period from 1975 to 1981 when my team were at the top of their game.

In the broadcast from April 27 1980 a dour Crystal Palace v Liverpool game is featured. The 0-0 draw was welcomed by Liverpool's players and staff at the final whistle as it represented a valuable point in their Championship season.

After the post match interview with Bob Paisley, Brian Moore features the 1950 FA Cup Final in which Bob was listed on the centre page team sheet but never actually played. This was despite playing in every round leading up to the final and even scoring in the semi final against Everton. Brian then features the 1923 and 1890 FA Cup Finals. The latter card issue between Blackburn Rovers and Sheffield Wednesday was valued at £500 in 1980 ( wonder what it's worth now?)

All the programmes were part of a plug for the upcoming National Programme Collectors Exhibition at the New Kensington Town Hall from May 3rd to May 5th 1980 and were sent in by the organiser what sounded like Mervyn Berglass? Does anyone remember going to this exhibition and did it ever feature in any other locations?!

Brian Moore features the 1950 FA Cup Final

....and the 1890 £500 issue
Sprogs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:20 pm 
Post subject:

Marvin Berglas was the organiser. I don't remember the National Programme Collectors event but he did organise at least one at Lord's Banqueting Suite.

He is now better known for Marvin's Magic

Easy Easy
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: