Football Programmes Centre

Gerd Muller RIP
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gerd Muller RIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Gone, but not forgotten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:12 pm 
Post subject: Gerd Muller RIP

I defy anyone of the appropriate age reading this to have not pretended to be Gerd Muller in the school playground or playing fields in the period 1970 to 1975, give or take. The man was a goalscoring machine who could have been manufactured by one of those infamous German production lines.

He has passed away at the age of 75 years, far too early, but I thought his amazing statistics deserved another airing.

Career:-

Bundesliga - Bayern Munich - 427 games, 365 goals.
European competitions - Bayern Munich - 74 games, 66 goals.
West Germany - 62 games, 68 goals.
Ballon d'Or - 1970 World Cup - 10 goals

I confess to being British (English) and the son of a father who fought the Germans and Japanese in WW2. He was fairly horrified when I took German O and A levels at school. And if I'd bought a Toyota or VW Beetle he'd have disowned me. And so I was born with an inbred dislike of all things German. But this man Gerd Muller changed everything and I am shedding a tear as I type here.

And now he too has gone, like so many players of his vintage particularly in the last few years. Here are one or two images of the great man.

RIP Goal-a-game Gerdie "Der Bomber" - never surpassed, never forgotten.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
overlap

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:31 am 
Post subject:

Scoring here against Peru as part of his 10 goal haul at Mexico 1970.
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:54 am 
Post subject:

I always tried to emulate that fabulous headed goal against Peru in the 1970 world cup. Although I was disappointed with his 2 Anfield performances in 1971, he was one of the most natural goalscorers I have ever seen.
RIP
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:54 am 
Post subject:

I always tried to emulate that fabulous headed goal against Peru in the 1970 world cup. Although I was disappointed with his 2 Anfield performances in 1971, he was one of the most natural goalscorers I have ever seen.
RIP
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:50 am 
Post subject:

Quite simply, the greatest natural goalscorer that I can name.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Gone, but not forgotten All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: