Football Programmes Centre

Dawn Cover Productions 2021
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dawn Cover Productions 2021

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisAV99

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:42 am 
Post subject: Dawn Cover Productions 2021

Hi All,

Not really sure where to post this so thought I’d go in here. Has anyone ordered any postal covers off Dawn Cover Productions from the 174 Newsletter? It was sent out back end of March, I ordered and paid for 2 Covers but am yet to receive them. I’ve sent numerous emails and tried calling the number but haven’t received a response and was wondering if any other collectors have received or not receive their orders. Normally I receive the covers within 3/4 weeks of purchase.

Thanks! Chris

http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=173156#173156
ChrisAV99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:35 am 
Post subject:

Bumping this up as still not received. Cheers

Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:41 am 
Post subject:

Amazed they are still going! The guy that does them must have been doing them 50+ years now - he must be very old
ChrisAV99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:48 am 
Post subject:

Hi Dorking, yes still being produced! Although I think in their minority, I know a couple of the Villa ones have been done pretty much just to preorder plus a few spares. Still the same chap running it so yes he did say he was starting to slow down on the production of them

Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:50 am 
Post subject:

That is my understanding. On the rare occasions over the last 15 years or so that Crystal Palace have made to FA Cup semi's / final / play off final, I have got in touch via email and managed to obtain them from him. However I don't get the impression that the business has moved very much with the times, the website for example being several years out of date in many areas etc

I am a fan of the covers, but being a small scale operation, I think it mainly caters for the big clubs, and the big events (eg FA Cup Final etc)
SophieDCP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:49 pm 
Post subject:

ChrisAV99 wrote:
Bumping this up as still not received. Cheers

Hi Chris,

I'm Stuarts Granddaughter Sophie, I just came across this post by pure luck as I was searching his name and company which i quite alot haha, so thought I would quickly make an account to address this comment.

I'm so sorry but my heart breaks to say he passed away in December of 2021. From about June 2021 onwards he was in Hospital, hense why I assume you never got a reply.

My mum has been going through trying to contact everyone so you may have heard from her, i'm not too sure.

The football covers were his true passion and he would work endlessly on them from ever since I can remember! I used to love going up watching him do them Smile So from the bottom of my heart and i'm sure his, thank you for your support of Dawn Cover Productions Smile
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:41 am 
Post subject:

Sophie I am so sorry to hear that. I doubt there are many on here who didn't have at least one Dawn Cover somewhere in their collection, he must have been producing them for almost 50 years?

I spoke to him on the phone about something unrelated in about 2020 I guess, he seemed a very knowledgeable and decent man

RIP
SophieDCP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:04 pm 
Post subject:

colchestersid wrote:
Sophie I am so sorry to hear that. I doubt there are many on here who didn't have at least one Dawn Cover somewhere in their collection, he must have been producing them for almost 50 years?

I spoke to him on the phone about something unrelated in about 2020 I guess, he seemed a very knowledgeable and decent man

RIP

Thank you so much i really appreciate it.

Yeah he was doing them for over 50 years! He really was the most incredible man (forever will be in my eyes) and was always up for a good chat! We all miss him lots. It does bring me joy knowing how many people have a part of his collection with them. Endless stories about them and even I wouldnt be here without Manchester City, so it's a true foundation of our family!
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:24 am 
Post subject:

Hi Sophie

So sorry to hear this news albeit a bit late.

I have a folder full of your late grandfather's commemorative covers, for numerous occasions.

To be fair there were a lot less cover issues relating to Crystal Palace than for Man United for example, but it was a superb little cottage industry and your dad must have worked so hard getting the images right, making sure they were postmarked on the correct date, and getting the special handstamps made.

He also made really good use of whenever Royal Mail did football themed stamps, incorporating them on covers!

The last Palace one I saw was for a game at Brighton which was the first ever match with VAR in use! That would have been just pre-pandemic (I think), I'll have to look it up.

The covers were also fondly remembered in book series I have called Got Not Got, which reminisces about 60's -80s football memorabilia.

Your grandad was a very talented man and as a collector I really appreciated what he did. God bless.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: