Football Programmes Centre

Sporting Gold
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sporting Gold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slugger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:17 am 
Post subject: Sporting Gold

Hi all,

Anyone succeed with bids last Friday?
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:34 am 
Post subject:

Yes bought a couple of lots for my collection.
Maidonian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:43 pm 
Post subject:

I'm not surprised that Lot 1108 didn't sell, though, as the estimate was about £550 too high so I don't know who is advising Emma these days (and the issue from the same game in May 1946 is much harder to find)

https://www.sportingoldauctions.co.uk/cat_lot.aspx
ndg1860

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:57 pm 
Post subject:

It was a strange auction. A large number of lots had the reserve as the lower of the estimate range and so were passed in just one bid short. Though there was one item with a low estimate of £20 that was sold for £19, but that may have been the auctioneer's discretion. Not sure if these passed in lots now go back to the vendor for re-consideration.
Bokbag

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:11 pm 
Post subject:

There seemed to be an unusually large number of items that went unsold compared to other auctions. Of the ones I follow there were multiple World Cup and Euros that didn’t sell and the estimates were pretty reasonable, some of the 58 World Cup ones for example. Strange because Sportingold has been getting some sky high prices recently. It would be interesting to get the contact details of the sellers and see what they would accept now. Unless they migrate to eBay over coming weeks
New Forest

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:54 am 
Post subject:

I don't think its the auction house dictating the prices but the sellers. Auctioneers will always go for a lower starting offer to 'encourage bidders'.

Its shown better on eBay. Currently there are a couple of BIN that I would like but have been on for months and are three times the reasonable price. This week a another programme on for what I would deem twice the price. These sellers are fools to themselves. They will achieve nothing at those prices but lack the intelligence to reduce the offer price.

In the case of eBay I preferred it when sellers had to pay for their listings. Nothing for anything under a pound and 25p for under £5 etc. So it stopped items continually being unreasonably priced.
cardiff55

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:28 am 
Post subject:

I put a couple of bids on The Saleroom pre-Auction, but they were ignored and the items shown as unsold.

One lot, (433) a Nurnburg V Man U 1965/66 was estimated at £55-60, and the bidding was slowly climbing and 'sold' at £45, but the following day was shown as unsold? This item normally sells on Ebay for £5.
Bokbag

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:13 pm 
Post subject:

Would anyone happen to know if the Euro 80 VIP guide (lot 970) had any bids, or if it failed to reach a reserve? The estimate felt a touch high. I’m wondering if it went the way of other high estimate items this sale
cardiff55

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:31 pm 
Post subject:

Bokbag wrote:
Would anyone happen to know if the Euro 80 VIP guide (lot 970) had any bids, or if it failed to reach a reserve? The estimate felt a touch high. I’m wondering if it went the way of other high estimate items this sale

It's showing as not sold on their website.
Bokbag

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:58 am 
Post subject:

Hi Cardiff sorry I wasn’t clear, I saw it wasn’t sold but I was wondering if this was because there had been no bids at all or whether there had been interest and it hadn’t met a reserve price. Thanks for the reply
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: