Football Programmes Centre

Old programme publishers
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Old programme publishers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ndg1860

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:40 pm 
Post subject: Old programme publishers

I recently purchased a 1938-39 Crystal Palace programme. The seller accidentally sent me the 1936-37 Charlton programme instead. The problem was that the two covers were exactly the same except for some small writing giving the season and the volume number.

That leads me to believe that the same publisher was used to create the programmes for the two clubs, though they do exist not too far apart. Are there any other examples where the programmes of two clubs are exactly the same owing to using the same publisher or printer?
grantham

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:50 pm 
Post subject:

Quite common in the 1960's alot of clubs used the same template, one example is the silhouette save as shown by the attached image:

But for the adverts and obvious team name these programmes are identical. Not quite what you was looking for, but along the same lines
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:03 pm 
Post subject:

I find it hard to understand how this could be a case of mistaken identity. I recently won 1 photo off Ebay and someone else won 5 from the same dealer. Dealer sent me 5 and the other winner 1. He just stuck them into the wrong envelopes. Easily done I guess. (And yes, I did send them back to exchange them).

But here are the CPFC programme covers from 1936/7 and 1938/9. I don't quite see how they could be exactly the same apart from "some small writing giving the season and the volume number", as you say above.

Anyway, I hope it resolves itself.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
kenners46

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:09 am 
Post subject:

Pete, i think he means he sent him a Charlton home programme from 1936 which looks like the 1938 Palace one
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:51 am 
Post subject:

kenners46 wrote:
Pete, i think he means he sent him a Charlton home programme from 1936 which looks like the 1938 Palace one

Yes, other than it has Crystal Palace Football Club along the top in large letters. I would guess, without having seen one, the Charlton one shows Charlton Athletic, maybe in a similar style. As I said, I reckon the sender just got them the wrong way round by accident. It happens.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: