Football Programmes Centre

Crystal Palace v Norwich City - 18/09/1920
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Crystal Palace v Norwich City - 18/09/1920

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WBA57

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:53 pm 
Post subject: Crystal Palace v Norwich City - 18/09/1920

Hi All,

Just thought I would share this programme with everybody.

Crystal Palace v Norwich City - English League, Division 3 South - 18/09/1920 at The Nest

Palace won 1 -0 with a goal from Conner (was that Roy Conner, lol).
Approx attendance - 10,000

This was Crystal Palace's third home match after joining as founder members of the Football League Third Division, they finished champions of the League this 1920/21 season & were promoted to the second division.
Norwich City were also, of course, founder members as well.

Sadly this programme has punched holes through each page, it has been professionally repaired by a paper conservationist, there was a two inch long tear across the rear cover which started at the bottom punched hole, the spine of the front & rear covers were split to half way up.

However, the programme is still in fair condition for its age it has paper loss on some edges & someones name written on the front cover, the inside pages are in good condition.

If I have made any errors please let me know,

Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:45 pm 
Post subject:

Palace actually won the game 3-1 (Conner 2). Gate is unrecorded.

John Conner - signed from Belfast Distillery, played 38 games (18 goals) in the Southern League season 1919/20, then 66 games (38 goals) in 20/21, 21/22 & 22/3, moving to Newport Co in Nov 22.

So is the programme for sale? Love
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
WBA57

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:44 pm 
Post subject: Crystal Palace v Norwich City - 18/09/1920

Yes, its for sale
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:55 pm 
Post subject:

PM sent
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:16 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
Palace actually won the game 3-1 (Conner 2). Gate is unrecorded.

John Conner - signed from Belfast Distillery, played 38 games (18 goals) in the Southern League season 1919/20, then 66 games (38 goals) in 20/21, 21/22 & 22/3, moving to Newport Co in Nov 22.

So is the programme for sale? Love

So sorry, my stupid mistake - Palace played Norwich at about the same time in 1919/20 and I got my stats from there. And I was wearing my glasses.

Original poster quite correct - gate was given as 14,000.

Confused .com
nutfield priory

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:32 pm 
Post subject:

The Palace programmes for the 1920/21 season were printed as one large sheet which was then folded to make the programme but could only be read if the one sheet was unfolded.

A number of programmes I have purchased from this season over the years had their pages split so that the programme could be read in the normal way.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: