Football Programmes Centre

Ebay Global Shipping Programme
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ebay Global Shipping Programme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxes1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:56 am 
Post subject: Ebay Global Shipping Programme

I have just received an email from Ebay saying they have enrolled me into the GSP. Is there any advantage in using this as most of the items I sell are low value. I know the GSP has been discussed on here before, but are there any advantages to using it especially if things go wrong.
Five and In

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:21 am 
Post subject: Ebay Global Shipping Programme

It's a bit of swings and roundabouts Foxes.

The biggest plus point is that once your item has been received at the GSP Shipping Centre in the UK, your liability is over.
If it gets lost in transit from then on, then it's down to Ebay to deal with it and 100% their responsibility.

The downside of GSP is easy. The prices are high and will put off some overseas buyers, although you can still offer them a direct postage option if you want to.

The other pain with GSP is if there is a multiple purchase from an overseas buyer and then he wants to combine postage after making payment.
The only way around that is to cancel the order and relist as one lot for the buyer. It takes time, but it's good customer service.
Overseas buyers can combine multiple purchases themselves in most cases, but have to do so BEFORE they make payment.

All in all, it works well for me and I probably sell approx twenty items a week overseas using GSP, but I know some will say the opposite and absolutely hate it.
grantham

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:07 am 
Post subject:

I like GSP, wouldn't normally sell overseas due to the high number of items that 'never arrive' so I'm more than happy to list via GSP and I've yet to have anything nmot arrive at the GSP centre, so for me it has removed 100% of the risk. If an overseas buyer really wants the item, then they will be happy to pay the excess, my overseas transactions have been quite good, so it hasn't put people off
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:59 pm 
Post subject:

I’ve used it in the past but there’s no question it puts off potential buyers due to the cost.

I’ve switched to ebay international. It takes longer but is much more reasonable, gives tracking and limited insurance as part of the cost. Everything I’ve shipped, all to the U.K, using eBay international, has arrived without issues. Touch wood.
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:35 pm 
Post subject:

The ebay GSP is one of the reasons that if you're contemplating purchasing that one missing trade card from a seller in the US that the £15 P&P may well put you off..
giorgio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:15 pm 
Post subject:

I've just been put on the Global Shipping Programme. Can someone please explain how charging for postage now works. Ebay call centre (no help as usual) told me I only pay for posting to Shipping Centre - they take over from there. So what do I charge my customers? Was much happier with the old system. Not possible to opt out as VAT charges then become an issue.
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:48 pm 
Post subject:

Exactly what Super Hoopy says

I collect modern trade cards and the majority of the Premier League sets these days are made and sold by Panini USA.

Almost all of these modern cards are sold as singles and through the ebay GSP. So circa £15 of postage for one card and that is before VAT is added.

It massively inflates the cost of the cards.

A growing number of US sellers don't even offer to ship to the UK any more too, which is probably even more frustrating when you see a card you want, but purchase is not even an option, but I'm going off topic now
se20blue

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:15 pm 
Post subject:

giorgio wrote:
I've just been put on the Global Shipping Programme. Can someone please explain how charging for postage now works. Ebay call centre (no help as usual) told me I only pay for posting to Shipping Centre - they take over from there. So what do I charge my customers? Was much happier with the old system. Not possible to opt out as VAT charges then become an issue.

The charges you make do not change as they say " I only pay for posting to Shipping Centre - they take over from there." They will charge cost of shipping from Centre to your customer.

As an aside re the VAT issue ASFAIK there is No VAT on football programmes,perhaps someone with more knowledge could confirm this.

Should this discussion not be in the Ebay section ?
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:36 pm 
Post subject:

giorgio wrote:

You won’t get an option to list the charge to your customers if it works the same way it does in the USA. When I used it, I paid the shipping to the global center in Kentucky. The charge for the international part including import charges is calculated by ebay as I understand it and charged to the customer. It’s frustrating for the seller as they don’t know what the charge is either. I use eBay international now as I mentioned earlier.
Enniskillendoc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:59 pm 
Post subject:

It is possible to turn off GSP when listing programmes. I have found it deters overseas bidders. You are able to add your own overseas postage rates.
giorgio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:15 am 
Post subject:

Enniskillendoc wrote:
It is possible to turn off GSP when listing programmes. I have found it deters overseas bidders. You are able to add your own overseas postage rates.

As I understand it, from 1st July, if you opt out of the GSP your international customers might have to pay two lots of duties.
MRPROGRAMMES

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:53 am 
Post subject:

giorgio wrote:
Enniskillendoc wrote:

As I understand it, from 1st July, if you opt out of the GSP your international customers might have to pay two lots of duties.

Whether VAT should be applied to paper goods is an issue, but if you sell for £5 and the VAT is 20% its only an extra quid for the buyer and if you post yourself and they then gets stung for another 20% (based on how its posted) its £2 in total -even adding the postage surely that's still going to be far cheaper than going down the EGSP route for the buyer? - I have just opted out, see what happens
giorgio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:17 pm 
Post subject:

MRPROGRAMMES wrote:
giorgio wrote:
Enniskillendoc wrote:

Whether VAT should be applied to paper goods is an issue, but if you sell for £5 and the VAT is 20% its only an extra quid for the buyer and if you post yourself and they then gets stung for another 20% (based on how its posted) its £2 in total -even adding the postage surely that's still going to be far cheaper than going down the EGSP route for the buyer? - I have just opted out, see what happens

My experience is that programmes to Europe usually incur the VAT charge - orsomething similar - at destination. If I was selling items for £5 I would probably opt out as well.
mcgeequil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:58 am 
Post subject:

Thanks to this global eBay program, a large number of people receive their packages on time. As much as I use the platform very often and order my goods there, it is a beneficial opportunity. For a long time, I called different orders, I have faced different situations like My goods were not delivered to me, or something happened to my interests on the way. So I try to track my packages with a
track speedpack consistently. After all, thanks to this feature I can always find out where my parcel is at any time. If I notice something irregular, I will contact my retailer immediately. Who is obligated to help me solve the problem.

Last edited by mcgeequil on Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
garyspain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:29 pm 
Post subject:

Strange first post.

As an overseas buyer on ebay I detest the GSP and it puts me off loads of purchases.
jnambow70

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:56 pm 
Post subject:

This program rather creates more inconvenience for the buyer
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:00 pm 
Post subject:

I never use it when selling, I always remove the tick from the box & opt out.

As a keen collector myself who buys many items from abroad, I don't appreciate being ambushed & robbed at gunpoint when it comes to paying for shipping, so I wouldn't expect others to either.

I like my buyers to be happy, not left feeling like they've been held upside down by the ankles and shaken until every last penny has fallen from their pockets.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:08 pm 
Post subject: GSP.

I’ve stopped using the GSP.

I don’t sell that much but when I list and it’s a decent programme, the chances are the buyer is in the UK or the ROI. I’ve had a few people contact me previously about excessive costs, all related to GSP. So I gave up on it. As a seller it was nice in the sense that once it sold, the responsibility for missing items, which has happened to me a few times sending to the U.K previously, was gone but it is very expensive.

I’ve switched to using eBay international. The shipping part of the charge is reasonable and they don’t charge customs or any other fees up front. I’m not sure how vat or any other fees are collected on them at the receiver side. It does fill the cost of the item in a declaration box as you create the label. It takes longer shipping than GSP but is definitely cheaper and comes with an included up to $100 insurance and tracking. Sold a few items this way now and the buyers have all seemed happy with cost / delivery time.
MagnoliaYY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:26 pm 
Post subject:

I totally understand you and agree with you, Texas Rangers, I used to have GPS included as well, until now. Waste of money for me, and the case of a missed package isn't so often. Now I work only with trusted companies for the transportation of goods in Europe. I'm just tired of overpaying for a bad shipment that spoils the goods and even lasts weeks because of problems with any documents. I like to check everything myself, so I create and overproof the cmr document before crossing the border with commercial goods myself using supercmr.

Last edited by MagnoliaYY on Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
colchestersid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:09 pm 
Post subject:

I had three "never arrived" cases sending by regular mail earlier this year so without GSP I simply wouldn't sell anything overseas any more

I don't like GSP, but it is at least efficient and easy for me as a seller

It also has the advantage that you can still block certain countries. For obvious reasons I wouldn't dream of ever sending anything to Italy and I can still block Italy with GSP
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: