Football Programmes Centre

Wingetts Wrexham
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wingetts Wrexham

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:25 pm 
Post subject: Wingetts Wrexham

Some interesting bits and pieces at Wingetts Auction , Wrexham next week. Could be worth a look . They are a bit tatty, but there’s a couple of Sir Matt Busby playing for Reading wartime programmes in there. Also, four Les Olive signed 1980s letters and Man Unt v Wrexham F A Youth Cup press photos . For whippet racing enthusiasts , there’s a 1923 Crumlin Football Ground , Gwent Whippet Racing programme.. Also Leeds 1962 autographs.
BHA1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:56 pm 
Post subject:

Very poorly listed - may be some sleepers.
flashhat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:31 pm 
Post subject:

Poorly listed indeed, no idea whats in any of them apart from a loose description and an image of what ever is on top, almost a blind auction for each lot

My football memorabilia: https://www.flickr.com/photos/192140619@N08/albums

Non-league photographer https://www.flickr.com/photos/143473465@N03/albums

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:09 pm 
Post subject:

Looks somewhat like a house clearance auction and the fact that Wingetts are also an estate agents that assumption seems to be borne out.
Seen this sort of thing far too often.
In a normal year it's fine as it acts as a teaser perhaps almost inviting you to go and view and have a rummage the lot BUT as restrictions are still in place we're not able to do anything like that are we...!!!
Seems that they get some youngster with a digital camera (or smartphone) and let them loose on the lots. Laughing
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: