Football Programmes Centre

MST Auctions
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MST Auctions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grantham

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:31 pm 
Post subject:

Picked up 8 pallets of programmes today, bloody long day from Lincolnshire to Devon. Just shy of 500 mile round trip having also visited Exeter's Ikea on the way home to buy another Billy Bookcase for my ever increasing book collection.

Here are a couple of images of the van on the way home, not sure how many I've picked up, but a very varied collection and VERY happy with what I have got, albeit under unhappy circumstances.

Also good to see Sharrowblade fillign his van up as well Smile Nice meeting you today mate, trust you had a safe journey home and are now sat sorting Smile
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:12 am 
Post subject:

Cheers Grantham. likewise.

After all that was said before the auction I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it since Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
colchestersid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:44 am 
Post subject:

What sort of prices did the bulk lots achieve?
se20blue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:37 am 
Post subject:

From £10

https://www.mstauctioneers.co.uk/catalogue/dcb5b180832071e1f51c9adb57c9ef64/e4b6793ad336f83efb7e0cd36cad0205/timed-online-auction-of-a-large-quantity-of-football-progra/?currentPageNo=1
colchestersid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:22 am 
Post subject:

grantham

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:49 am 
Post subject:

Sadly a very low selling price for most, but I put that down to the fact the programmes were sold in a non-sporting auction and also the location of said programmes.

I personally had to travel 450 miles (round trip) to collect mine and I know Sharrowblade did similiar, so although it didn't put EVERYONE off, I'm sure it did some, hence alot of the pallets going realatively cheaply.

Poor descriptions of the pallets didn't help the sale price either, but at the end of the day if the aim was to clear the vast collection it has achieved that with some return, rather than them being pulped
Driver8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:06 pm 
Post subject:

Was Gordon a dealer and/or collector? As has previously been noted most of the auction appeared to be modern issue.
Did Gordon have more valuable / older items that were disposed of before the auction?
grantham

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:29 pm 
Post subject: Re: mst

Depends if you consider 60's modern or not ? I'm not sure what others bought but I have boxes of 60's-modern stuff on the pallets I picked up, which basically re-enforces my point of how badly they were advertised and displayed, A box that on the surface may appear to be modern may have a stack of 60's in as well
grantham

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:07 pm 
Post subject: Re: mst

Well I'm certainly not expecting a pallet of 1920's for £10 !! But happy with what I did get
Five and In

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:17 pm 
Post subject: MST Auctions

Was the auction house a poor choice? Definitely

Was the location an issue with no delivery on large lots? Obviously

Were the descriptions of the lots poor? Yes

Would more effort by the sales people have meant more bids? Probably

Did the buyers who picked up hundreds/thousands of programmes on pallets get a good deal at a tenner a go? Absolutely and good luck to them for the effort they had to put in driving many miles to retrieve their items.

Hopefully the people benefitting from Gordon's estate will be happy with what they receive.

Gordon would be happy knowing his stock had gone to some people on here too.
beaudog

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:00 am 
Post subject: MST auctions

Good luck to those who made the long journey to be involved in the selling of Gordon's programmes. Albeit the proceeds could and should have been a whole lot more. But better than going to landfill and serving no purpose and as a small dealer of a few years experiene I am so pleased to have saved lots from the programme heaven in the sky and in the process made a little and added to my knowledge. There is no such thing as worthless crap as somebody would like some of it and small bundles do occasionally brighten up someones eyes. You never know that in that one box of worthless tat there is the one nugget that has been longed for , for years. No need for toxic comments and jibes. Happy collecting.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: