Football Programmes Centre

England Away Match Tickets
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
England Away Match Tickets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CityGent1961

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:34 pm 
Post subject: England Away Match Tickets

Hi There,

I'm new to the FPC and hope I might be able to get some help with my ticket wants for England Away games. I've posted a list of my wants back to 1970 to get started. I look forward to perhaps getting some help here.
Cheers, Paul
colchestersid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:59 am 
Post subject:

Hi Paul

There are at least a couple of quite active collectors of England tickets on here

I don't have any of the tickets on your wants list spare (I've got about 20 of them in my collection though) but happy to provide scans of those I do have

In return can I ask, do you have any of these?

Australia 79/80
Cyprus 74/5
Iceland 81/2

I've never seen any of these on offer - if you have any of these tickets I would love a scan or image!

Thanks

Simon
CityGent1961

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:37 am 
Post subject: England Away Match Tickets

Hi Simon,

Thank you very much for getting in touch. It's very much appreciated.

Scans of the tickets you have would be very helpful if you don't mind as I know how hard it's going to be in finding these tickets!

I don't have any of the three tickets you listed - they're not on my wants list yet as I couldn't find the country name in the search list!! I'm still navigating my way around the site just now.

I've been in touch with a number of collectors recently and despite them having great collections, the Iceland ticket is one they all seem to still need.

Is you wants list on here - as I'll take a look tonight when I'm back?

Cheers, Paul
colchestersid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:19 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks - I will send you my wants list.

The Iceland game was a strange one. Played the day before a friendly in Finland, originally this was a B team match with a B team line up (none of the players featured in the World Cup opener v France later that month). it was only afterwards that the FA agreed to categorise it as a full international

I doubt any England fans were present (not that there would have been many in Helsinki next day)

I assume from your user name that you are Bradford City? One of my first England away games was Albania in 1989, there were a couple of lads from the City Gent fanzine on that trip as well, John Watmough I think was one?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: