Football Programmes Centre

Are there any shops that sell programmes in West Cumbria
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Are there any shops that sell programmes in West Cumbria

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chestnja

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:27 pm 
Post subject: Are there any shops that sell programmes in West Cumbria

Hi Guys
Does anyone know if there are any programme shops or antiques shops etc that sell football or rugby league programmes in West Cumbria, Whitehaven, Workington, Cockermouth, Keswick etc as im heading up there for a few days
Any help appreciated
James
Rocky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:40 pm 
Post subject:

As per the link and Johns post.

Be aware that these posts are over ten years old but I've been a few times, the last being a couple of years ago, and I've always come away with something. It may be best to Google for a phone number and check if they have any stock and what the protocol is during these times.

http://www.footballprogrammece.....ockermouth

Auchinleckian wrote:
Park your car first, it's extermely difficult to find anything on the main street, where the shop is, the "Cockermouth Antiques Centre" There's numerous parking spaces available, just follow the signs, and all the roads lead down to the main street.
The shop is in a lovely old building on the bridge crossing the river. Ask anyone where the bridge is and they'll tell you. The shop is dark, and hosts an array of collectables including old lace and clothes. The properietor Ron Scott, is a very decent sort, and will help you out if he can. There's an abundance of programmes both modern and old - you'll need a couple of hours to look through them all. If it's older stuff you're after, ask him for the key to the cabinet on the back wall, as they're under lock and key.
He'll probably also advise you to try the local brew. Jennings is a brewery of very old standing and do some fantastic real ales, which all the local pubs stock. Please give Ron my best regards (my name's John Holroyd) as I haven't been there for about a year.
Across the road from Ron's there's another antique shop, but you're more likely to find rugby programmes in there, but you never know, and I've had the odd gem from there. Going back intowards the town centre, there's a left turn about 100 yards past the rugby programme atique shop. Go up there, and about another 100 yards up on your left hand side you'll find another antique shop, which is quite superb, and a veritable "Old Curiousity Shop" I once picked up England v Wales from Middlesborough from the 30's for £2 there about 10 years ago, and sold it in Programme Monthly the followoing month for £80. In same visit, pikced up a lot of pre war Workington and Newcastle United ephemra at £1 apiece. Haven't seen anyhting like that since, unfortunately. But again, you never know your luck!
You're not that far away from Workington there. Might be worth a pop in there to see what's kicking about?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
chestnja

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:43 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Rocky I’ll check it out
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: