Football Programmes Centre

Ebay ?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ebay ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
albion99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:41 pm 
Post subject: Ebay ?

Apologies if this has been aired before, but with Paypal about to disappear from Ebay transactions I was amused to read how much more of an experience it will be for buyer and seller being linked closer together and cutting out Paypal!

The good news, we may even be financially better off from it!

Their 12.8% deduction plus 30p transaction fee roughly equates to about the same value as Ebay and Paypal charges combined.

Makes it all the more important to catch those special offer periods, although I'm sure something will change if we all start waiting for those dates.

The fact we are invited to now add our bank details to perform this new function begs the question, how great a target might Ebay become for the criminal?
gatfb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:33 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry, but I'm not upto date on this. Are you saying, that shortly we will no longer be able use paypal on ebay?
colchestersid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:13 pm 
Post subject:

You will still be able to buy using PayPal (as well as Google Pay and Apple Pay)

If you are selling however you will receive direct credits to your bank account after 2-3 days rather than being credited straight away to your PayPal account

Fees will be fractionally less overall (but some of the maths means sometimes slightly more). We're only talking a few pennies however

As someone who both buys and sells the only downside is that I used PayPal as a way of evening out my activity so the new way of doing things removes that a bit
Pablo2019

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:44 pm 
Post subject:

Re adding bank accounts, what happens to the money if you’ve not done this? I like letting the money from my eBay sales add up and often leave it in the account for a rainy day, is this not going to be an option with the new way, will they pay any money into your account after 2/3 days regardless?
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:13 am 
Post subject:

You can not access the money until it is paid into your bank account.
Five and In

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:47 am 
Post subject: Ebay ?

This subject was covered in some detail on this thread a little while ago and may answer some questions.

http://www.footballprogrammece.....highlight=
albion99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:06 pm 
Post subject: Re: Ebay ?

Five and In wrote:
This subject was covered in some detail on this thread a little while ago and may answer some questions.

http://www.footballprogrammece.....highlight=

Thanks for letting me know, much appreciated.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:13 pm 
Post subject:

I recently sold my first item under the new payment way. It was a buy it now under the £1 maximum fees offer. My total fees £1 and money in my account with 3 days. No PayPal fees to pay just the £1 which was a decent saving. I feel that with your bank details being part of your PayPal account you need to change passwords on a regular basis. It is really no different to your bank details being on PayPal.
Pablo2019

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:37 pm 
Post subject:

Received my first payment directly from eBay today, but as it was a total for around 60 items sold it’s hard to keep up.

Am I right to assume eBay have taken their cut already, then sent me the difference? As opposed to a monthly bill PayPal send?

Also, is the fee plus 30p per item on all items sold?

Too confusing!
Five and In

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:47 pm 
Post subject:

Pablo2019 wrote:
Received my first payment directly from eBay today, but as it was a total for around 60 items sold it’s hard to keep up.

Am I right to assume eBay have taken their cut already, then sent me the difference? As opposed to a monthly bill PayPal send?

Too confusing!

Yes, Ebay will have taken their slice of the pie already.

The 30p per item is charged per transaction, not per item.
For example if somebody buys ten things from you and makes the payment at the same time, it's a 30p charge for the lot.
If however those ten items are paid for one at a time, you would get charged ten lots of 30p.

Hope that makes sense
Pablo2019

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:00 pm 
Post subject:

Five and In wrote:
Pablo2019 wrote:

Too confusing!

For example if somebody buys ten things from you and makes the payment at the same time, it's a 30p charge for the lot.
If however those ten items are paid for one at a time, you would get charged ten lots of 30p.

Hope that makes sense

That makes sense, and adds up as far as I can see. Thanks!

I think this is better for me personally, anybody feel worse off?
Five and In

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:08 pm 
Post subject: Ebay?

Pablo2019 wrote:
Five and In wrote:
Pablo2019 wrote:

Too confusing!

Hope that makes sense

I'm about the same financially, but dealing in high volumes of sales is, as you say, fun to keep up with.

The one thing I don't like is if somebody buys, say, ten items, pays and then wants combined postage.
In the past, I'd just refund via Paypal, but as it's not coming in that way now I can't.
Pablo2019

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:55 pm 
Post subject: Re: Ebay?

Five and In wrote:
Pablo2019 wrote:
Five and In wrote:
Pablo2019 wrote:

Too confusing!

Hope that makes sense

I'm about the same financially, but dealing in high volumes of sales is, as you say, fun to keep up with.

The one thing I don't like is if somebody buys, say, ten items, pays and then wants combined postage.
In the past, I'd just refund via Paypal, but as it's not coming in that way now I can't.

Refunding excess postage is something I’ve had to issue refunds for in the past and it’s annoying.

I have lots of repeat customers who buy 8,10,12 items and they all now either request an invoice or I can go on seller hub and revise the postage costs, using the eBay app made this difficult to navigate initially but it works well now.
Five and In

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:35 pm 
Post subject: Re: Ebay?

Pablo2019 wrote:
Five and In wrote:
Pablo2019 wrote:
Five and In wrote:
Pablo2019 wrote:

Too confusing!

Hope that makes sense

Refunding excess postage is something I’ve had to issue refunds for in the past and it’s annoying.

I have lots of repeat customers who buy 8,10,12 items and they all now either request an invoice or I can go on seller hub and revise the postage costs, using the eBay app made this difficult to navigate initially but it works well now.

I do pretty much all of my items post free now so that takes care of it.

It's the stuff that's been there for a while that has postage charges.
Combining postage isn't an issue at all for me, but please, please request it before making payment Smile Smile
martino

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:44 pm 
Post subject:

Pablo2019 wrote:

If you go to your E Bay account and select:

Account > Payments > Payments

you can access full details of each transaction, reports, payout schedule etc.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: