Football Programmes Centre

Peter Lorimer RIP
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Peter Lorimer RIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Gone, but not forgotten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:48 am 
Post subject: Peter Lorimer RIP

Very sad news about Peter Lorimer, who has passed away after a long illness at the age of 74. Dundee born and winner of 21 Scots caps, he made his Leeds debut in 1962 aged just 15, and was still playing in 1985 after making 705 appearances and scoring a club record 238 goals. And a lot of them weren't just "goals" - they were screamers - "The Lasher" or "Hotshot" as he was known had a right peg like very few others. Still working for Leeds until very recently as an ambassador and contributor to their programmes, he is a club legend in every sense of the word. He's seen here scoring with his head against a flailing John Jackson at Selhurst Park in 1970, not the best shot of Peter but shows his ability wasn't confined to that famous right foot.

RIP Lash, great player, even greater bloke.

Last edited by Pete’s Picture Palace on Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Cpfc jim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:42 am 
Post subject:

Can't add to that you said it all rip Mr Lorimer I'm sure you ruined a few of my dad's weekends as the picture shows
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:17 pm 
Post subject:

The only hero I ever had that didn't play for Rovers. As a kid I was always Lorimer as both of us were left footers. Also the only ever player I have ever asked for an autograph. When Leeds beat Rovers a few years ago on the last day of the season I saw him and Eddie Gray (I think) walking away from the stadium. At 50 odd years old I couldn't resist asking him. Both of them signed my programme and I spent 10 mins chatting with them as we walked to our car. The pair of them were gents that day and I treasure that programme.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:06 pm 
Post subject:

I’ll never forget that rocket against Zaire in the 74 World Cup, the first one I watched. Great player.

R.I.P
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Gone, but not forgotten All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: