Football Programmes Centre

Plymouth Argyle photographs in programmes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Plymouth Argyle photographs in programmes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Argyle73

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:47 pm 
Post subject: Plymouth Argyle photographs in programmes

Hi,

First post here so apologies in advance for any mistakes! I'm helping out with the Plymouth Argyle website, Greens on Screen, and I'm on the lookout for programmes containing photographs from Argyle games - so for example, Argyle played Leeds at Elland Road on 31st Dec 1988, I'm looking to find out which Leeds programmes might have pictures from this match in it and so on for different oppositions across the seasons. All very dull I'm sure but it's a good way of passing lockdown! Also interested in any related press clippings etc.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated, focussing mostly on 1987-88 through to 1993-94 at the moment.

Many thanks
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:09 pm 
Post subject:

Hi and welcome

Palace v Plymouth 1987/8 and 88/9 - not fantastic, never is when copying photos from programmes, but these might help.

3.11.1987 5-1

1.10.1988 4-1

Let me know if you'd like jpegs and I can email them to you. Send me an email please via the button below.

Cheers
Pete
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Argyle73

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:53 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for the reply, Pete! Email sent, huge appreciation for your help on this!
stfc831968

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:35 pm 
Post subject:

I'm hoping these links work for you. This is the programme from the Swindon Bournemouth match in 87-88 and has some photos from the previous Swindon home game against Plymouth

https://www.stfcnewspapers.co.uk/images/Programmes/1987-1988/PDF/1987-11-28%20Swindon%20Town%20Vs%20AFC%20Bournemouth.pdf

This is the Swindon Shrewsbury match programme from 89-90 and has photos in of the previous home game against Plymouth

https://www.stfcnewspapers.co.uk/images/Programmes/1989-1990/PDF/1989-10-03%20Swindon%20Town%20Vs%20Shrewsbury%20Town.pdf

Unfortunately they are the the only photos i can find up to the end of the 1991-92 season.
Argyle73

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:15 pm 
Post subject:

No luck with the links I'm afraid - just get a 'can't find server' message. Thanks for digging these up, it would be great if we could find a way to get to them - I'm not particularly 'tech savvy' though!
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:09 pm 
Post subject:

Check out my site. (Link below) Look at the "Newspaper Reports" section.
You should find loads of reports on games between Rovers and Plymouth plus many pictures. All I ask for is a link back to the site. Cheers, Jamie.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
das

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:14 pm 
Post subject:

From the Burnley v Blackpool programme of 16/9/08 covering the game at home to Argyle on 30/8/08.

stfc831968

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:50 pm 
Post subject:

This picture is taken from the Swindon Chester programme 3 September 1983, and is from the Milk Cup 1st Round 1st Leg match played at Swindon on 30 August 1983. I've saved the picture on my computer, so if want me to e-mail to you along with next couple i'm going to post, just let me know

stfc831968

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:55 pm 
Post subject:

These pictures are from the Swindon Shrewsbury programme of 3 October 1989, my scanner isn't that big so i can't quite fit the whole picture on, it's the centre spread of the programme. They are from the match against Plymouth on 26 September 1989.

stfc831968

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:59 pm 
Post subject:

And finally these are from the Swindon Plymouth match in November 1987, and are taken from the following home match programme against Bournemouth

Argyle73

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:18 am 
Post subject:

Thanks everyone for the amazing responses on here - every photograph helps to plug a gap and documents a bit more football history! Really appreciate everyone who has taken the time to get in touch so far.
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:35 pm 
Post subject:

The away end at Home Park, FA Cup quarter-final v Derby. Open to the elements.

I'm in here somewhere - could hardly move an inch.
Good day out - though I didn't get back to Aberdeen till very late Sunday night!

Trieste to Trapani

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:39 pm 
Post subject:

[img]

Not from the era you're looking for but it's a great picture.[/img]
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: