Football Programmes Centre

Irish Programmes Lists/ Book?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Irish Programmes Lists/ Book?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Irish
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Enniskillendoc



Joined: 21 May 2019
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:15 am 
Post subject: Irish Programmes Lists/ Book?
Reply with quote

I have found this book listing Northern Irish programmes very helpful. Does anyone know if there is an equivalent one for the South?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
garyspain



Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 778

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:42 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

It is a great book.

No unfortunately not. Happy to answer any queries though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Enniskillendoc



Joined: 21 May 2019
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:47 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Thanks for the speedy reply Gary. Is there a list of European home and aways readily available anywhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
garyspain



Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 778

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:57 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Enniskillendoc wrote:
Thanks for the speedy reply Gary. Is there a list of European home and aways readily available anywhere?


I have a pdf which includes the list of games. Happy to share privately if you pm me your address.

I don't have a list of which games saw no programme produced. However could do the homes easily enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Legend64



Joined: 11 May 2019
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Can you post a couple of pages from the inside just to see the layout please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Enniskillendoc



Joined: 21 May 2019
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:21 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Here are a few pages. I'm not sure if it available to buy anymore. You could ask through the NI programme collectors Facebook page

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Merseman



Joined: 24 Apr 2014
Posts: 52

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:12 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

I've a copy of that NI book - it's very good.


garyspain wrote:
It is a great book.

No unfortunately not. Happy to answer any queries though.

Any chance you could confirm whether or not programmes were issued for these inter-league matches?

Irish League XI
6 Dec 1956 v Irish FA Xi (this isn't mentioned in NI book)

League of Ireland XI
Homes
17 Mar 1977 v Italian League
12 Oct 1979 v New Zealand
Aways
@ Hesse (14 May 1955, 19 May 1955)
@ Italian League (6 May 1962, 22 Mar 1973, 19 Jan 1977, 14 Apr 1979)
@ Argentina (20 Apr 1978, 1 May 1980)


Understand from NI book and Scottish equivalent, no programmes exist for:

X Scottish League v League of Ireland (8 Oct 1952)
X League of Ireland v Irish League (12 Apr 1960)



Seperately are there any other Irish inter-city programmes except for:

Y 21 Oct 1958 Sheffield v Belfast (there was a return 20 Oct 1959)
Y 28 Jan 1959 Dublin v Provinces
Y 3 Feb 1960 Dublin v Provinces



Many thanks for your help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
garyspain



Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 778

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Merseman wrote:
I've a copy of that NI book - it's very good.


garyspain wrote:
It is a great book.

No unfortunately not. Happy to answer any queries though.

Any chance you could confirm whether or not programmes were issued for these inter-league matches?

Irish League XI
6 Dec 1956 v Irish FA Xi (this isn't mentioned in NI book)

League of Ireland XI
Homes
17 Mar 1977 v Italian League
12 Oct 1979 v New Zealand
Aways
@ Hesse (14 May 1955, 19 May 1955)
@ Italian League (6 May 1962, 22 Mar 1973, 19 Jan 1977, 14 Apr 1979)
@ Argentina (20 Apr 1978, 1 May 1980)


Understand from NI book and Scottish equivalent, no programmes exist for:

X Scottish League v League of Ireland (8 Oct 1952)
X League of Ireland v Irish League (12 Apr 1960)



Seperately are there any other Irish inter-city programmes except for:

Y 21 Oct 1958 Sheffield v Belfast (there was a return 20 Oct 1959)
Y 28 Jan 1959 Dublin v Provinces
Y 3 Feb 1960 Dublin v Provinces



Many thanks for your help.


I don't recognize the game Irish Lge XI v Irish FA XI maybe somebody else can help.

Nothing known for the Scottish League strange one.

No official programmes known for Irish League 60 & 67 but there is a pirate for 67.

Both Hesse League aways saw programmes produced. Although they are listed as Hessen League by Irish references it was 2 different selections. A full programme for Frankfurt XI in Frankfurt and a 4-page issue for the game in Kassel.

Nothing known for any aways in Italy or Argentina.

Nothing done for New Zealand as far as I know. I'm pretty sure there is a green not too difficult to obtain programme for 1977 in Dundalk v Italian League. My Inter-League from that period are not to hand so cannot confirm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Merseman



Joined: 24 Apr 2014
Posts: 52

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:24 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

garyspain wrote:

I don't recognize the game Irish Lge XI v Irish FA XI maybe somebody else can help.

Nothing known for the Scottish League strange one.

No official programmes known for Irish League 60 & 67 but there is a pirate for 67.

Both Hesse League aways saw programmes produced. Although they are listed as Hessen League by Irish references it was 2 different selections. A full programme for Frankfurt XI in Frankfurt and a 4-page issue for the game in Kassel.

Nothing known for any aways in Italy or Argentina.

Nothing done for New Zealand as far as I know. I'm pretty sure there is a green not too difficult to obtain programme for 1977 in Dundalk v Italian League. My Inter-League from that period are not to hand so cannot confirm.

Thanks.

So only @ Hesse x2 and v Italian League in 1977.

Cheers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
garyspain



Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 778

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:27 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Yes I think so
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
| More
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Irish All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum