Football Programmes Centre

Fairs this year
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Fairs this year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slugger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:45 pm 
Post subject: Fairs this year

All

As Anthony said a while back, it would be great to hold a fair in Wales for the first time for many years.

Obviously, the pandemic will dictate if and when such an event could be organised, and a venue would need to be decided, but it would be helpful to know if some of the major National dealers such as Mick, Lee etc would be interested in attending.

Thoughts appreciated.

Regards,

John
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:08 pm 
Post subject: Re: Fairs this year

slugger wrote:
All

As Anthony said a while back, it would be great to hold a fair in Wales for the first time for many years.

Obviously, the pandemic will dictate if and when such an event could be organised, and a venue would need to be decided, but it would be helpful to know if some of the major National dealers such as Mick, Lee etc would be interested in attending.

Thoughts appreciated.

Regards,

John

Not going to happen this year I''m afraid,

I do miss the Fairs but cannot imagine anyone can make any commitment to anything in the current climate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
infoman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:38 am 
Post subject:

What ever events are planned for this coming year,
I don't think we will be able attend any public events
until Easter time of April 2/3/4/5
NWM Football

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:57 am 
Post subject:

Would certainly appeal to me, but realistically I think it will be early summer IF/when larger events will be feasible.

This lockdown (is it just me, or is that word truly repulsive ?) is clearly to going to be in force until March at the earliest, so by the time it takes things to be booked, organised and publicised you're talking May/June.
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:47 am 
Post subject:

Sadly, ....I think you're being very optimistic lads.

Indoor events, are going to be very restricted and I'm not sure that too many collectors will look forward to delving through programmes at close quarters with others.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
infoman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:20 pm 
Post subject:

I would love to organise a fair,
but with all these covid restrictions I would end up having sleepless nights.

Having said that,I think one of the ways forward would be to have outside locations under a marquee.
Stand by the rental(and purchase) of marquees to rise this summer
NWM Football

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:40 pm 
Post subject:

Some of the Antiques & Collectors Fairs I did when things came back to life in the summer & autumn were VERY busy. I also found to an extent that where fans can't get to matches, they had a bit more income to dispose of on other areas of their football interests !

Anyway, we'll have to see how things pan out, all depends how quickly vaccinations can be sorted I guess.
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
infoman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:14 pm 
Post subject:

Neil, I presume the antiques guide book(the black and white one) has not been published for Jan/feb/and March?
cardiff55

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:30 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks John, I did have an idea for a fair in South Wales, especially now with Gordon's passing that West Country ones look like ceasing.

I did get some feedback which was positive, but as stated above, in the current climate it's not going to happen.

I also organise a model railway exhibition locally and we couldn't have one last year or this year, normally in April. I expect football may stop soon too if things don't improve. Although I heard today that rates of Covid-19 are falling in Wales. But that just means they'll fall, then lockdown will end and they'll go back up again.

So no time soon I'mm afraid (and I sold all my spare Cardiff stock!).

Tony
slugger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:19 pm 
Post subject: Fairs this year

Yes, it looks bleak for the first six months at least.

Having just retired, I was looking forward to visiting some fairs and having a smallish stall at some of them.

Let’s hope summer time is feasible, and it would be great to resurrect a Welsh event.

Cheers,

John
NWM Football

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:35 pm 
Post subject:

Good, at least, to hear the rates are starting to drop, and if they can be kept under control while the vaccine takes effect, then even better. (My 88 year-old aunt lives just outside Newport, and only time I have visited her in last year was to invoke 'support bubble' status and get down to see her on Christmas Day).

Anyway gents, although I've had a lively-ish start to the year via the website (I've had packages go off to Denmark and Italy during the last week as well as UK sales), there's nothing like seeing old friends and collectors in person at fairs & events, so please keep me in the loop should you be in a position to arrange anything.

Cheers,
Lee
slugger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:51 pm 
Post subject: Fairs This Year

Thanks Lee

You’d be welcome in Wales if Tony can manage to arrange an event.

There are a few potential venues in Newport that might be able to host a fair.

Cheers,

John
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: