Football Programmes Centre

ProgrammeBINDERS website
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ProgrammeBINDERS website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyBRFC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:26 pm 
Post subject: ProgrammeBINDERS website

About 5 or 6 years ago I used to get the sandwich style bags along with re-sealable bags and the cardboard backs that fitted into them perfectly from a website called ProgrammeBINDERS - the website no longer seems to exist so I was wondering where people get bags (either the 'sandwich' style or ones that can be sealed) along with cardboard backs from?

Any helps or helpful suggestions, very much appreciated.

Thanks
Andy Smile
Pacey Winger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:19 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Andy

A similar conversation was held on here not too long ago and one of the members, who is involved in the distribution of that kind of packaging, was saying how difficult it is to get now

I flirted with the comic book bags and boards but eventually just plumped for A4 plastic wallets backed with card.

I then have them in date order, season by season in several of the 4 drawer plastic storage towers you see........ im lucky my loft is floored though. Its amazing how much space it all takes

Jim
PeterE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:15 am 
Post subject:

This looks like a good place to start with bags to keep your collection in -
https://www.thecomicshop.co.uk/collections/comic-storage
Carlisleprogs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:36 pm 
Post subject:

I use the comic bags and backing boards and find them very good. I always get the resealable bags.

From experience, Amazon is a good place to get them if you have Amazon Prime so they are then postage free
henrytheheart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:08 pm 
Post subject:

I also use backing boards and comic bags, buying them from Forbidden Planet as I've got a shop locally and the prices are reasonable. They come in a number of sizes to match comic sizes (eg current, golden age and silver age) so take your pick depending on the size of the programme.
kcs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:33 pm 
Post subject:

I think this has been posted before but I can highly recommend JW Binders https://jwbinders.co.uk/binders/

The binders are completely customisable in terms of size, colour, lettering on the spine and number of pockets in each binder.

Admittedly the prices are a little high, but if you are storing expensive programmes then I think the prices are justifiable. A worthy investment in my opinion.

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: