Football Programmes Centre

Sporting Gold today
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sporting Gold today
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWM Football

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:56 pm 
Post subject:

Did you see what some of John Motson's stuff went for ? There was a bundle of his 'personal record' books (scrapbooks isn't really the right word for them). They were estimated at £120, went for £2500.
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
cardiff55

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:35 am 
Post subject: Re: Sporting Gold today

slugger wrote:
Missed the Newport County lot due to work commitments.

It was described as having extensive duplication.

Anyone buy it?

Cheers

John

I bid on it John, but it went for about double what i was prepared to pay. £85 (plus fees don't forget).

Tony
cardiff55

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:43 am 
Post subject:

A lot off stuff seemed to have been 'passed' on. What I don't get with auctions is an item being bid up it stages from , say, £40 to £95 and when the hammer goes down it is unsold. Very misleading to the not very savvy people like me.

I watched another auction not so long ago where prices were far more realistic. But I suppose if you want to buy go to those, and if you want to sell use SG.

But I was advised by one auction house that two rare programmes would only fetch about £40 (for both), despite being worth c£150. They basically said they didn't want to take them (rare European games) but then were selling other programmes for as low as £12.

(I sold them privately for £120 by the way, no fees that way).
New Forest

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:37 pm 
Post subject:

I bid on three items. One went for twice what I was prepared to pay, which was twice what it was worth. The second went for four times my offer, but that was an exceptional programme. The third remains unsold as my offer was a quarter of that estimated. Add on fees ten its five times what it worth. I shall watch to see if it reappears in the nex auction.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:13 pm 
Post subject:

Have to congratulate Sportingold on their fast despatch of items from Fridays auction. Won 3 items in my opinion good value. Paid yesterday, package arrived this morning.
slugger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:48 pm 
Post subject: Sporting Gold

Same here.

Brilliant service.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: