Football Programmes Centre

Hexham Hearts 49/50
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hexham Hearts 49/50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:35 pm 
Post subject: Hexham Hearts 49/50

Boxing Day 1949
Hexham Hearts v Newcastle A in the Northern Alliance.
Is this Newcastle's Colts XI?
4 page programme, sl cr, no writing.

Any indication of value in the current market would be gratefully received.

Leigh Treymaine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:45 am 
Post subject: Hexham Hearts

I have a few of these. 4 page issues from 48/9-1951/2 then a single sheet with no date at all for 52/3.Value is difficult as issue are very scarce and appeal to the non-league one per club fraternity but generally around £30+.
The + as you know can mean anything.Having said that opposition is everything and yours v Newcastle A {which I think was the 3rd team although I may well be wrong} should bring £40-50. No doubt I will be informed that I don't know what I am talking about but I have sold 3 of these from my collection and prices realised were as stated.
I hope that helps.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:31 am 
Post subject:

Here are a few examples regarding MUFC's junior sides-i wish i had only paid 40 to 50 quid for any of these programmes Laughing https://flic.kr/s/aHsmFaymQz and a few others involving local sides v MU
https://flic.kr/s/aHsjvxNyHf

Don't worry Leigh I know that you know exactly what your talking about and so does everyone else! Very Happy

Wave

This one is a particular favourite at Haydock https://flic.kr/s/aHsjMxwx53

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:32 pm 
Post subject: Re: Hexham Hearts

Leigh Treymaine wrote:
I have a few of these. 4 page issues from 48/9-1951/2 then a single sheet with no date at all for 52/3.Value is difficult as issue are very scarce and appeal to the non-league one per club fraternity but generally around £30+.
The + as you know can mean anything.Having said that opposition is everything and yours v Newcastle A {which I think was the 3rd team although I may well be wrong} should bring £40-50. No doubt I will be informed that I don't know what I am talking about but I have sold 3 of these from my collection and prices realised were as stated.
I hope that helps.

Thanks for your advice, Leigh.
Much appreciated.
Heed Boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:49 pm 
Post subject:

A 2-0 win for Hexham with goals from Slattery and Howden.

Sat Dec 24, 1949
Hexham Hearts 2 Lynemouth 1 (Robson, Slattery)

Mon Dec 26, 1949
Hexham Hearts 2 Newcastle ‘A’ 0 (Slattery, S Howdon)
Full points from the holiday programme left Hearts only one point off top spot in the Alliance but provided poor entertainment for the holiday crowds. Only a piece of last-minute skill from Slattery prevented Lynemouth leaving Tyne Mills with a point they barely deserved, and on Boxing Day the usual entertainment provided by the Newcastle Swifts was sadly lacking, with a first-minute goal from Slattery seeming to lead to the Swifts accepting defeat, and the remaining 89m might just as well have never been played.

The Hexham Courant reporter didn't pull his punches!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: