Football Programmes Centre

Palace Parking
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Palace Parking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:31 pm 
Post subject: Palace Parking

No....not Buckingham.

Part 81 of the quest for the 92 takes us to Palace next Saturday.

Any suggestions for parking the Reliant? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:58 pm 
Post subject:

Given the fact that the area is very residential with a lot of restricted parking I would probably Park in Croydon and catch the train.
kenners46

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:09 pm 
Post subject:

I park in Auckland Rd j/w Howden Rd, SE25 right outside the park there, always plenty of spaces with an hour till kick off and if later follow the road down a bit till a space is found. 10 min walk thereafter.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:36 pm 
Post subject:

In Selhurst, off of Sydenham Road there are some turnings that you can park in, however meters are now in some of them but you might get lucky. Burdett Road is nearest the end of Sydenham Road and it's a 10 minute walk to Selhurst Park from there.

There is also a fine pub "The Two Brewers" just round the corner in Gloucester Road and usually allows away fans and there is space to stand outside with your lads. That's where I'll be.

You may also be able to park in Gloucester Road.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.3896397,-0.0921362,16.25z

The pub "The Holmesdale" is home fans only.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
goonerboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:46 pm 
Post subject:

Parking around Palace can be a bit of a nightmare as it is a densely populated residential area. I tend to head for the area around Pawsons Road/Queens road (around Queens Road cemetry). It is around 15-20 mins walk to ground but is on the right side of the ground for the away section.
nutfield priory

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:06 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
In Selhurst, off of Sydenham Road there are some turnings that you can park in, however meters are now in some of them but you might get lucky. Burdett Road is nearest the end of Sydenham Road and it's a 10 minute walk to Selhurst Park from there.

There is also a fine pub "The Two Brewers" just round the corner in Gloucester Road and usually allows away fans and there is space to stand outside with your lads. That's where I'll be.

Drinks on Pete before the game then!!! Laughing
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:50 pm 
Post subject:

nutfield priory wrote:
Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:

Drinks on Pete before the game then!!! Laughing

We might need to get rat-ar#ed before this game!
Dorking

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:00 pm 
Post subject:

All depends how early you are around the ground looking for a parking space. I always arrive circa 3 hours before and park in Clifton Road or Bungalow Road, which are right by the ground and free. All the roads between the ground and Selhurst Station (eg Dagmar Road etc) are free and unrestricted. But if you arrive 2 hours before or less, you have no chance of finding a free on street space in those roads
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:23 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks lads for all the suggestions.

I will sit down tonight and have a good look at it. Thumbs Up
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:40 pm 
Post subject:

PS, should have made it clear - don't park in the section of Clifton Road between the Clifton Arms and Whitehorse Lane, as it's now no parking on matchdays and you'd get towed
atletico

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:00 pm 
Post subject:

Just park
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:40 pm 
Post subject:

LOL - almost all those roads where people have either already paid for a space, or which are available for purchase are free street parking! Admittedly you need to arrive fairly early to park on street nearby for free, but there are an abundance of pubs, cafes, takeaways, bookies etc, plus at the ground a free fan zone to use which is good if you have kids, so no real pain arriving early. There is no 'stadium CPZ' like at most grounds, just loads of residential roads where its early bird catches the worm. Never, ever paid to park at Selhurst, and never been more than three or four streets away.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:09 pm 
Post subject:

Once again, just like to say many thanks to all the Palace boys who responded to my initial question,.... the map of London was out on Thursday night in the our local Country Club, with a Pint of 'Startaproblem' on either corner and it took my mate and myself a delightful couple of hours of strategic planning on the best way to get there.

After weighing up all the suggestions, and talking to a lad from Kew, at Sheffield FC on the previous Saturday, in the end, although opinions were slightly divided, we decided the best course of action would be not to go anywhere near Selhurst Park in the Reliant. Sad
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: