Football Programmes Centre

Manchester united tickets
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Manchester united tickets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:23 pm 
Post subject: Manchester united tickets

Can anyone confirm ticket to be from 1924/25

(Loddon auctions)

thankyou

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
bluejames

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:57 pm 
Post subject:

The date looks like 1914 and it is advertised as 1914.The trouble is that if you google Manchester United for 1914 there was no game played on that day.Maybe a ticket from a postponed game.More research needed.They looks super rare and if the prices that were achieved at Mullocks last week for tickets, is anything to go by, they will sell for a lot of money.I have just made a contact with somebody who collects super rare,and expensive tickets from all clubs so i will pass this information on, as i feel sure he will put a strong bid in for them.Thanks for the heads up Pompeypete
It looks to me, like a lot of serious collecting folk are now collecting ephemera instead of programmes.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:41 pm 
Post subject:

Its advertised as 1924/25..........not 1914

But "chairs" may be able to date them correctly

Sherlock Sherlock Sherlock

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
bluejames

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:35 pm 
Post subject:

i think you need Manchesterunitedman1 to help out here as he is the forum expert.Either way my contact is very excited and preparing a large bid so they won't be going cheap.I just wish i could afford these sort of items.It's all very exciting isn't it.
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:48 pm 
Post subject:

It's from the 1913/14 season for a Central League reserve fixture Vs Huddersfield Town which was played on Wednesday, 25th March, 1914.
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:59 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:37 am 
Post subject:

Super detective work.Well done.That's what this forum is all about.I am not sure why you would need a ticket to get into a reserve game but that's makes these even rarer imo.Presumably the only ones in existence then.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:46 pm 
Post subject:

I was most surprised to see these two ticket stubs appear, especially as there are 2 different ones from the same game and more importantly I already have the other half of the counterfoil as far as the Green one is concerned as you can see here https://flic.kr/s/aHsmnEF1oG

I will be looking to attempt to secure the other stub to make a full ticket, I may not be able to buy it, but I can assure everyone it will not be for the want of trying!. Some would say why do you want another one or 2 and I would say why ever not, if I did manage to buy them I would look to let the pink one go immediately anyway.

I have never seen another ticket from this season as regards the first team, when i first obtained it many moons ago, after seeing it was not for a first team match my heart beat loudly as it could have been for the FA Cup Semi-Final between Burnley and Sheffield United as the match was played at Old Trafford, but those hopes were dashed when the actual semi was played 3 days later!.
https://flic.kr/p/65YnQ6
https://flic.kr/p/ARvzaX

What are the odds of this seemingly routine Central League match v Huddersfield Town throwing up my ticket and then 2 more-crazy, but that is what collecting is all about, those 2 counterfoils have sat in a drawer or cupboard for over a 100 years.....

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:14 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames wrote:
i think you need Manchesterunitedman1 to help out here as he is the forum expert.Either way my contact is very excited and preparing a large bid so they won't be going cheap.I just wish i could afford these sort of items.It's all very exciting isn't it.

Hi

Ta for the kind words, if you ask your mate to contact me I have some very rare tickets involving MU available, just send me an email to the address below-Regards Leslie Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
bluejames

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:10 am 
Post subject:

He's not a mate.He's just a contact i have made.I will pass your message on to him
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: