Football Programmes Centre

A new 'questionable' dealer on the market ?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A new 'questionable' dealer on the market ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grantham

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:28 pm 
Post subject: A new 'questionable' dealer on the market ?

Read the description

http://m60footballprogrammes.c.....-219-p.asp

Trying to pass off the reprints as original's in the worst possible way ?
KJD

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 am 
Post subject:

Website clearly says trader is M60 Football Programmes Limited. Doesn't give the CRN and that company name doesn't appear to respond to searching on Companies House either using the beta or webcheck sites.
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:24 am 
Post subject:

It says

Until i can verify if these are original or reprints i have removed the add to cart button and until I've verified which it is i will not be selling these to customers

Seems fair to me (was this added after this thread started?)
se20blue

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:37 am 
Post subject:

KJD wrote:
Website clearly says trader is M60 Football Programmes Limited. Doesn't give the CRN and that company name doesn't appear to respond to searching on Companies House either using the beta or webcheck sites.

We all do it, expecting everyone to know what the acronym means
Please guess from the following list of 73 from the Free Dictionary by Farlex (others are available)

Acronym Definition
CRN Course Reference Number
CRN Congress Rental Network
CRN Christmas Rock Night
CRN Court Reporting Network
CRN Caisse de Retraite des Notaires
CRN Cumann Rince Naisiunta
CRN Custom Register Number (shipping)
CRN Centre for Research in Neuroscience
CRN Coding and Reimbursement Network
CRN Club Renault Norvege
CRN City Radio Network
CRN Crime Reduction News
CRN Charities Resource Network
CRN Certified Radiology Nurse
CRN Children's Residential Network
CRN Community Recovery Network
CRN Computer Random Numbering
CRN Contract Revision Number
CRN Computer Research News
CRN Contact Reference Number
CRN Comparative Research Networks
CRN Chicagoland Radiological Network
CRN Cable Routing Rotation (NASA)
CRN Combat Radio Net
CRN Custom Rehab Network
CRN Critical Ranking Number
CRN Canary Islands Radio Networks
CRN Carbon Reinforced Nylon
CRN Creative Research Network
CRN Central Riddle Network (website)
CRN Contingency Radio Net
CRN Committed Rate Network
CRN Carolina and North Western Railway Company
CRN Collaborative Research Network (IAI)
CRN Consumer Resource Network
CRN Council for Responsible Nutrition
CRN Crane
CRN Customer Reference Number
CRN Canadian Registration Number
CRN Cellular Radio Network
CRN Cartoonists Rights Network
CRN Conflict Resolution Network
CRN Center for Responsible Nanotechnology
CRN Children's Restoration Network
CRN Chicago Rehab Network
CRN Cristo Rey Network (Chicago, IL)
CRN Course Registration Number (college)
CRN Career Resource Network
CRN Connecticut Radio Network
CRN Cooperative Research Network
CRN Crown
CRN Credit Reference Number (US IRS)
CRN Customer Restoration Network (insurance)
CRN Cosmic Radio Noise
CRN Clinical Research Network (UK)
CRN College Radio Network
CRN Climate Reference Network
CRN Community Recycling Network
CRN Council on Renal Nutrition
CRN Centres de Ressources Numériques (French: Digital Resource Center)
CRN Correctional Registered Nurse
CRN Cornell Companies, Inc (stock symbol)
CRN Cornish (SIL code, UK)
CRN Controlled Release Nitrogen
CRN Countryside Recreation Network
CRN Cable Radio Network
CrN Chromium Nitride
CRN Commission Régionale de la Naissance (French: Regional Birth Commission; pregnancy forum)
CRN Clinical Resource Nurse
CRN Chinese Restaurant News
CRN Community Rehabilitation Network
CRN Certified Registered Nurse
CRN Computer Reseller News
DENBIGH

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:05 am 
Post subject: CRN

Nope, none of those, CRN = Companies Registration Number

However, the website does not state that the business is a limited company, so it will not be registered at Companies House[/quote]
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:25 pm 
Post subject:

This looks like another incarnation of Manchester Programmes/NW Programmes. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole! I never buy from companies that don't have an address and landline number displayed on their website.
overlap

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:02 pm 
Post subject:

Both this new website and the Manchester Programme Shop website are registered to the same guy, Michael Philips, of Manchester M23, so draw your own conclusions.
sbs1trg

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:06 pm 
Post subject:

Looks like whomever is responsible for m60 may be keeping an eye on this forum; CL final programme now taken down and further details of the website owner and location have been added to the website.

Interesting that the website is attributed to a web design company...which appears to not have a functioning website of its own! Laughing
Eck

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:12 am 
Post subject:

One of our Rangers collectors club was ripped off by Manchester programmes, I didn't know his name until now, I just removed him from one of our groups.
grantham

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:46 pm 
Post subject:

Just as a further update, the original listing has now been removed and a new listing offering 'replica' programmes has appeared
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:54 pm 
Post subject:

One of the people in our group has reported him to the police after being ripped of, action is being taken.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:36 pm 
Post subject:

overlap wrote:
Both this new website and the Manchester Programme Shop website are registered to the same guy, Michael Philips, of Manchester M23, so draw your own conclusions.

I would like to throw in my two penneth for what it is worth.

The original Manchester Programme Shop was located near to Manchester City's ground at Maine Road in the early 1960's.

It was run by Eddie Phillips who was switched on and who saw the great potential in buying and selling football programmes and souvenirs and is probably one of the original innovators in that trade for certain. He "imported" many foreign clubs v British opposition and I still remember the colourful Blue-Yellow-Pink editions of the Eintracht Frankfurt programmes v Rangers and others in the European Cup from 1959-60 + loads of others no doubt as well.

His Mother used to run the shop[a dear old Scottish little lady who would demand virtually to see the insides of yer pockets when you came into the shop so you were not wasting her time!] and if you did you were slung out for sure! and do not ask to see something that was not on show either as you would get a bollocking off her for that as well!

I recall taking 3 buses there and 3 back to spend maybe 2-5 shillings on programmes when I was around 11 or 12 and could never afford the Pre-War United ones that were marked up at just over a £1!, or the 1940's at a shilling each! so I took anything with quantity over quality at that time so I would get a mixed bag for my pocket money.

Mr. Phillips did very well, and was an innovator in that business without a doubt, well before many others got involved.
Always looking for an new angle for sure and as he had the franchise for all that was sold in Manchester City's souvenir shop[it may have actually been his shop] at the ground and despite being a big Manchester City fan he also ingratiated himself with United too[well business is business!] and before United opened their own Souvenir shop[run by Sandy Busby] he was the "King" of the souvenir trade in Manchester and probably in the UK.

I once sold him some waving hands with club names on the back to go on the back of car windows years ago when he had a newsagents shop in Didsbury as in the 1980's he was now virtually mail order only business.

He was a shrewd cookie for sure & had a reputation of no nonsense, but all of my dealings with him all those years ago went off without a hitch-he always paid bang on and I never had to ask him twice.

I heard years ago that he had suffered ill health from time to time over the years and now he will be in the great Souvenir store in the sky looking down and probably spitting feathers by the millions and billions now made out of fans from Souvenirs, Eddie Phillips was I guess a character-well ahead of his time for sure!.

As the years rolled by I recall seeing the Manchester Programme Shop remerge with a retail outlet in Altrincham Cheshire, and then it kind of went quiet & disappeared and no doubt went the online route as why do you need premises other than a place just to store the stock-you can do that in a spare bedroom or lock up maybe.

Coming back up to date I have no issues with the latest operation that is being discussed as I have no need to purchase from them, also it is apparent that the family has continued to be in this business.

Sifting through some items the other day I came across a letter from Manchester United, it made me chuckle thinking back, from a disgruntled customer who had paid for and at that time never received their goods Shocked so I am sure that the comments within this letter written by MUFC were all accurate and that everything worked out fine back then........

Well Eddie may have ducked and dived when he was in his prime but he certainly let me and countless many others enter his wondrous Aladdin's Cave on Lloyd Street in Moss Side Manchester as long as I had a few pennies to spend I was always welcome! Laughing

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:10 pm 
Post subject:

Fantastic story Leslie.
Love reading stuff like that.
Eddie was indeed ahead of his time.

Thumbs Up

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
darrenjh96

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:26 am 
Post subject: M60 Programmes

Just noticing your thread on M60 Programmes I would like to add that I have had numerous issues with them. Expample; continuous follow up on orders, orders never received, emails to say the orders have been sent out the day before I have emailed them (twice that’s happened) something quite not right here.
martino

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:04 am 
Post subject:

M60FP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:47 pm 
Post subject: Re: M60 Programmes

darrenjh96 wrote:
Just noticing your thread on M60 Programmes I would like to add that I have had numerous issues with them. Expample; continuous follow up on orders, orders never received, emails to say the orders have been sent out the day before I have emailed them (twice that’s happened) something quite not right here.

Cheers Darren, Answered all you emails, Facebook messages and Twitter messages, Done nothing but told the truth from day one both myself and the wife,

Refund was sent even though i sent you replacements

Can't win Can i,

Maybe it's time to sell up rather than expand like i was planning to
Somfd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:30 pm 
Post subject: Re: M60 Programmes

darrenjh96 wrote:

This is exactly my experience, I've must have sent 10+ emails now, only half of which have been responded to, and having made 2 orders, the first I assumed was lost in the post and gave them benefit of the doubt, I am yet to recieve a single programme, 4 months on from my second order. I've also been told the order had been sent out, and then it turns out the next reply tells me why it wasn't, so am not being told the truth. Really poor.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: