Football Programmes Centre

1950 World Cup Tickets.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1950 World Cup Tickets.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisterGas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:11 am 
Post subject: 1950 World Cup Tickets.

Can anyone through some light on this subject.

As Teams are not mentioned on the Tickets, which Ticket is for which match?

Group 1 24/06/50 Brazil 4 Mexico 0 Estadio Do Maracana. Rio De Janeiro.
Group 2 25/06/50 England 2 Chile 0 Estadio Do Maracana. Rio De Janeiro.
Group 1 25/06/50 Yugoslavia 3 Switzerland 0 Estadio Sete De Setembro. Belo Horizonte.
Group 2 25/06/50 Spain 3 USA 1 Estadio Durival De Britto. Curitiba.
Group 3 25/06/50 Sweden 3 Italy 2 Estadio Do Pacaembu. Sao Paulo.
Group 1 28/06/50 Brazil 2 Switzerland 2 Estadio Do Pacaembu. Sao Paulo.
Group 1 28/06/50 Mexico 1 Yugoslavia 4 Estadio Dos Eucaliptos. Porto Alegre.
Group 2 29/06/50 Spain 2 Chile 0 Estadio Do Maracana. Rio De Janeiro.
Group 3 29/06/50 Sweden 2 Paraguay 2 Estadio Durival De Britto. Curitiba.
Group 2 29/06/50 USA 1 England 0 Estadio Independencia. Belo Horizonte.
Group 1 01/07/50 Brazil 2 Yugoslavia 0 Estadio Do Maracana. Rio De Janeiro.
Group 2 02/07/50 Spain 1 England 0 Estadio Do Maracana. Rio De Janeiro.
Group 1 02/07/50 Mexico 1 Switzerland 2 Estadio Dos Eucaliptos. Porto Alegre.
Group 2 02/07/50 Chile 5 USA 2 Estadio Ilha Do Retiro. Recife.
Group 3 02/07/50 Italy 2 Paraguay 0 Estadio Do Pacaembu. Sao Paulo.
Group 4 02/07/50 Uruguay 8 Bolivia 0 Estadio Independencia. Belo Horizonte.
F.Round 09/07/50 Brazil 7 Sweden 1 Estadio Do Maracana. Rio De Janeiro.
F.Round 09/07/50 Uruguay 2 Spain 2 Estadio Do Pacaembu. Sao Paulo.
F.Round 13/07/50 Brazil 6 Spain 1 Estadio Do Maracana. Rio De Janeiro.
F.Round 13/07/50 Uruguay 3 Sweden 2 Estadio Do Pacaembu. Sao Paulo.
F.Round 16/07/50 Sweden 3 Spain 1 Estadio Do Pacaembu. Sao Paulo.
F.Round 16/07/50 Uruguay 2 Brazil 1 Estadio Do Maracana. Rio De Janeiro.

There seem to be alot lately from 2 sellers in Italy, who i have dealt with before but just a bit sceptical and unsure how they know the tickets they are selling are for the matches they are advertising.

Cheers Mr G.
Stourbridge Lion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:04 am 
Post subject: World Cup Tickets 1950

Hi mate, Just came across your post while searching for the same information on Google,I have obtained tickets for the England V Chile & Spain games but when side by side are identical in detail, both matches being played at Rua Mata Machado (Maracana Stadium) as there were 8 matches played at this stadium unless someone can enlighten us and prove me wrong I reckon people just make up which game the ticket was for depending on what they want it to be, probably explains why you can pick these tickets up for a reasonable price compared to other World Cups!
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:59 pm 
Post subject:

As far as I understand the team names were stamped on the tickets. And for that reason my own policy is I would only buy tickets with that red stamp or as part of a batch that included evidence of the ticket coming from the game.

I think it would be hard to stamp ticket purchased in far advance, unless the stamp was done on entry to invalidate the ticket for further use, so those must rely on the serial number I suppose.
Stourbridge Lion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:09 pm 
Post subject:

My two tickets just have the CBD stamp (Brazilian FA) and a confederation stamp printed on the face both in black ink not the elusive red team stamps that you possess only a red serial number which again is no help.
bigdoddsy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:15 pm 
Post subject:

Hi All

I pulled this from some source some years ago. Not sure as to the validity but FYI .................

"THERE IS SOME DEBATE ABOUT WHICH TICKETS WERE ASSIGNED TO WHICH MATCH. SPECTATOR TICKETS WERE ISSUED FOR THE EIGHT MARACANA MATCHES AND FOR NONE OF THE MATCHES AT BELO HORIZONTE, RECIFE AND SAO PAULO. FROM INFORMATION I HAVE GATHERED IN BRAZIL (FROM SPEAKING TO FELLOW JOURNALISTS, ONE OF WHOM ATTENDED THE TOURNAMENT), I BELIEVE THAT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS ACCURATE:

RODADA 1: Brazil v Mexico: June 24, 1950 (reduced capacity because the Maracana stadium was not completed at that time).
RODADA 2: Spain v Chile: June 29, 1950 (some people suggest that Rodada 2 tickets are England v Spain on June 29; this, apparently, is not true).
RODADA 3: Brazil v Yugoslavia: July 1, 1950 (England v Spain on July 2 was a pay-at-the-gate affair).
RODADA 4: Brazil v Sweden: July 9, 1950.
RODADA 5: Brazil v Spain: July 13, 1950.
RODADA 6: Brazil v Uruguay: July 16, 1950.

Tickets were issued for the England-Chile match at the Maracana on June 24. However, the ticket for this has the fixture written on the face (eg, the England-Chile ticket has "Ingl x Chile" written on the face. The England-Chile match was England's first ever in World Cup history and, consequently, an original ticket is extremely difficult to acquire).

Apparently, while tickets were issued for the matches at Belo Horizonte, Sao Paulo, and Recife, these were only for organising officials, press, and team officials. Spectators generally paid at the gate. This means that an England-USA ticket for June 29, 1950 at Belo Horizonte would almost certainly not be a spectator ticket but, rather, one issued for officials or press. Nevertheless, I suspect that a ticket -- any ticket -- for this match (England lost 1-0 to the Americans) would command a price in excess of £2000.

I have yet to see evidence that spectator tickets were issued for the Brazil-Switzerland match (June 2Cool at Sao Paulo but I would be surprised if such a big match involving the hosts would have been a pay-at-the-gate event.

THIS WAS THE LAST WORLD CUP TOURNAMENT WHEN MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC COULD GAIN ENTRY BY PAYING AT THE GATE."
Stourbridge Lion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:00 pm 
Post subject:

Interesting stuff Thank You for your input,the two tickets I possess are both Rodada 2 A, which from your information I presume means they are both likely to be for the Spain v Chile game not the two England games at the Maracana, Damn! Just as I though I was getting somewhere I am back to square 1! Surprised
holtie96

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:38 am 
Post subject: 1950 World Cup ticket

Here is my ticket Spain v Portugal 2/4/1950 any idea of value? I like the fact that the teams are named.

DonQuixote

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:29 pm 
Post subject:

@BIGDODDSY

THIS WAS THE LAST WORLD CUP TOURNAMENT WHEN MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC COULD GAIN ENTRY BY PAYING AT THE GATE."

Not so sir, as I paid on the gate at Goodison Park for the North Korea v Portugal quarter-final in 1966.

I was 14 at the time and we arrived at my uncle's place, which was in Winslow Street adjacent to Goodison Road, about two hours before kick-off.

Can recall the entrance fee, 17/6, cost me much of my holiday money - we were going to the Isle of Wight the following week - but definitely did not have a ticket for the game.

I'm sure somebody can throw light on this but wasn't there some kind of ruling which stated that there had to be one pay-on-the-gate turnstile open for every game in England?
There seems to a bell ringing in my ageing head alluding to said fact.

Not a bad game to attend though for what was my only live World Cup game.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:05 pm 
Post subject:

This reminds me of a story told me by the bloke who sits behind me at Palace - I've known him since about 1980 so I know he hasn't made this up.

He was an impoverished student in 1966 but he wanted to go to all the England games. All he could afford were the 3 group games and a possible quarter final, which he bought and paid for up front.

So he missed the semi final. On the morning after that game, he got a phone call from the FA asking him if he wanted a ticket for the final, as he'd missed the quarter final. So he said yes please and the FA put the ticket in the post and it arrived on the Friday morning, in advance of him posting his cheque which he did that day.

Amazing but I'm sure it's true.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Floor Pie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:30 am 
Post subject:

DonQuixote wrote:
@BIGDODDSY

Not so sir, as I paid on the gate at Goodison Park for the North Korea v Portugal quarter-final in 1966.

I was 14 at the time and we arrived at my uncle's place, which was in Winslow Street adjacent to Goodison Road, about two hours before kick-off.

Can recall the entrance fee, 17/6, cost me much of my holiday money - we were going to the Isle of Wight the following week - but definitely did not have a ticket for the game.

I'm sure somebody can throw light on this but wasn't there some kind of ruling which stated that there had to be one pay-on-the-gate turnstile open for every game in England?
There seems to a bell ringing in my ageing head alluding to said fact.

Not a bad game to attend though for what was my only live World Cup game.

i know the original post is years old anyway, but with respect to bigdoddsy the information he got was wrong anyway, the match numbers are totally wrong, and dont be fooled by any of the Cadeira tickets on ebay as they are all 100% fake! Every single one on there and every one bar 2 auctions (same tickets auctioned twice) in the last 5 years have been fakes!
Tickets were issued for all matches in Sao paulo, i have the Brazil vs Switzerland in my collection Cool
bigdoddsy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:49 pm 
Post subject:

HI Floor Pie any views on these........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1950.....Swe7BWyGl9

Based on the price im suspecting I know the answer.

As in the original post just passing on info I was given no idea at all as to the validity or otherwise but your update seems to suggest its wrong Smile
Floor Pie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:19 pm 
Post subject:

bigdoddsy wrote:

As in the original post just passing on info I was given no idea at all as to the validity or otherwise but your update seems to suggest its wrong Smile

Yeah those are 100% fake in the link Judge
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:51 pm 
Post subject:

bigdoddsy wrote:

how can u trust anyone called suarez then Laughing
good job he is selling not buying as he would bite your hand off for these! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
bigdoddsy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:57 pm 
Post subject:

hahahaha that's made me laugh just before calling it a night

if hed been called moussa hed have changed his mind who he wanted to sell to before not putting the effort into posting them haha
TheMusic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:08 pm 
Post subject:

Hi All,

I just picked this ticket up in a lot from a collector in Portugal - is it real or fake?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:57 pm 
Post subject:

More importantly, where is MisterGas these days?
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:32 am 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
More importantly, where is MisterGas these days?

he set up on facebook as " football ticket collectors"

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
Floor Pie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:56 pm 
Post subject:

TheMusic wrote:
Hi All,

I just picked this ticket up in a lot from a collector in Portugal - is it real or fake?

Thanks in advance for any help.

100% Fake
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:24 pm 
Post subject:

Here are some scans of original tickets. Note how the tear off sections have very small holes punched and are not just straight lined like that ****e from Uruguay.

[/img]
World Cup Uruguay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:31 pm 
Post subject: Re: 1950 World Cup Tickets.

We have listed on Ebay two 1950 World Cup original unused tickets, Rodada 1 and 2.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223560099345?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: