Football Programmes Centre

Shamrock Rovers late 60's/early 70's
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Shamrock Rovers late 60's/early 70's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Irish
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garyspain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:43 am 
Post subject: Shamrock Rovers late 60's/early 70's

I'm correcting some info I gave in an earlier discussion on another topic.

I previously wasn't aware of any league issues from 1966/67- 1971/72. There are cup issues for Shelbourne 67 and Drogheda 71 as well as European and friendlies.

However at the Dublin programme fair yesterday I purchased Shamrock Rovers v Waterford 70/71 league game. It was produced by the Shamrock Rovers Supporters club and is a similiar style to the late 60's/early 70's issues.

I'll make more detailed enquiries to see if others exist. I certainly have no Limerick aways from the period and don't recall ever missing any at auction etc.
Harjoe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:30 pm 
Post subject:

Gary some clubs produced programes 66 - 71 Drumcondra all home matches 66/67/68 waterford 66/67 Shelbourne cup matches
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:31 pm 
Post subject:

thanks Joe. Yes plenty of other clubs issued at the time. This was a discussion on another thread a few months back. I hadn't seen a Shamrock Rovers domestic issue until that Waterford one.

Note I wouldn't have been paying too much attention to games except v Limerick until about ten years ago.

I still doubt there were regular issues in the period. Waterford were the reigning champions so maybe they were done for the bigger games.

There were regular issues during 1972/73 season.
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:39 pm 
Post subject:

OK I may not have been as far off as first thought.

A friend who would have attended most (if not all) Rovers games in the period and collected programmes then (still does) has the following home domestic programmes after Shelbourne 67 cup and before the 72/73 broadsheets

Cork Celtic 71 FAI Cup
Waterford 71 League
Drogheda 71 FAI Cup.

It is possible there may be 1 or 2 more but it is fair to say there weren't regular issues at any stage.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Irish All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: