Football Programmes Centre

THE ALL NEW..........EBAY RETARD THREAD
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
THE ALL NEW..........EBAY RETARD THREAD
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisterGas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:28 am 
Post subject: THE ALL NEW..........EBAY RETARD THREAD

markb9060

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:56 pm 
Post subject: Re: THE ALL NEW..........EBAY RETARD THREAD

MisterGas wrote:
MINT PROGRAMME
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Engl.....43ae0bb617

Unfortunately there`s far to many of these sellers with no morals, no concience and no heart who are quite happy to rip off everyone.

I recently purchased a Blackpool v Manchester United FA Cup Final 1948 programme but had to return it. I thought I`d nicked a bargain at about £100 only to discover the Hong Kong seller (ardent United fan evidently) forgot to mention the 2 inch tear across the front page !

Although I was refunded, I actually lost the £10 `Internationally signed for` guaranteed delivery postage costs that was needed to return it.

So why couldn`t he just have been honest ? Needless to say he`s now blocked but I suppose some people will forever be greedy (and slightly evil in my opinion ! )
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:04 pm 
Post subject:

I was going to mention the Hong Kong seller, if anyone had dealt with him. Thanks for the info. As for the Mint programme listed, some people are just thick. At least he is not trying to hide the faults, he just contradicts himself and makes himself look silly....
stevecpfc1966

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:44 pm 
Post subject:

Another programme from the same seller. 290682809464
Describes it as being in Good Condition Shocked
PABLO76

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:48 pm 
Post subject: Re: THE ALL NEW..........EBAY RETARD THREAD

markb9060 wrote:
MisterGas wrote:
MINT PROGRAMME
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Engl.....43ae0bb617

Unfortunately there`s far to many of these sellers with no morals, no concience and no heart who are quite happy to rip off everyone.

I recently purchased a Blackpool v Manchester United FA Cup Final 1948 programme but had to return it. I thought I`d nicked a bargain at about £100 only to discover the Hong Kong seller (ardent United fan evidently) forgot to mention the 2 inch tear across the front page !

Although I was refunded, I actually lost the £10 `Internationally signed for` guaranteed delivery postage costs that was needed to return it.

So why couldn`t he just have been honest ? Needless to say he`s now blocked but I suppose some people will forever be greedy (and slightly evil in my opinion ! )

WongWaiying?
markb9060

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:00 pm 
Post subject:

@pablo76....yes !
PABLO76

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:37 pm 
Post subject:

markb9060 wrote:
@pablo76....yes !

Mark, interesting. As far as I was aware, he was a Utd fan/collector from Hong Kong, studying in Manchester buying stuff from auctions and putting what he didnt need/want on Ebay. I think he moved back to Hong Kong about 18 months ago, since which I'm not sure if he is sellng off some of his own collection.

I only ever dealt with him the once, and in 9 years of buying on Ebay he was probably the best I ever dealt with!

I bought a set of 50s programmes for around the £250 mark and arranged to meet up at Old Trafford to pay cash and collect. On the day I was ill and didnt make the trip and as it turned out Utd didnt have another home game for around 2 weeks. I contacted him to explain that I could'nt use PayPal as my monthly wages werent in there but I had the cash put aside. 2 days later the programmes arrived in beautiful condition, and expert packaging with a little note saying "please pay me when you can"
markb9060

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:10 am 
Post subject:

PABLO76 wrote:
markb9060 wrote:
@pablo76....yes !

Mark, interesting. As far as I was aware, he was a Utd fan/collector from Hong Kong, studying in Manchester buying stuff from auctions and putting what he didnt need/want on Ebay. I think he moved back to Hong Kong about 18 months ago, since which I'm not sure if he is sellng off some of his own collection.

I only ever dealt with him the once, and in 9 years of buying on Ebay he was probably the best I ever dealt with!

I bought a set of 50s programmes for around the £250 mark and arranged to meet up at Old Trafford to pay cash and collect. On the day I was ill and didnt make the trip and as it turned out Utd didnt have another home game for around 2 weeks. I contacted him to explain that I could'nt use PayPal as my monthly wages werent in there but I had the cash put aside. 2 days later the programmes arrived in beautiful condition, and expert packaging with a little note saying "please pay me when you can"

Funnily enough, the reason why I bought from him was because I too had previously done business with him and I vaguely remember that it was years ago when he lived in Manchester. As far as I can remember, it was a very good transaction so I had no reason not to trust him.

What I am very disappointed about is how he could have `missed`such a massive fault on the front cover and yet described it as in "very good condition". I blame myself as well because if I`d taken a closer look of the photo, I perhaps would have questioned it. He also lied about the staples which as United collectors are aware, these Blckpool v United FA Cup Final programmes are very rusty but he assured the buyer that the staples han`t affected the pages....this couldn`t have been further from the truth as the spine was so damp with rust that it had actually detached itself slightly.

In any case, to me anybody who sells 500 repro FA Cup Final tickets in one set on Ebay isn`t someone in my opinion, who really cares what he does.
MisterGas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:23 am 
Post subject:

In any case, to me anybody who sells 500 repro FA Cup Final tickets in one set on Ebay isn`t someone in my opinion, who really cares what he does.

.......At present there are 2 or 3 sellers selling Repro's but they clearly state this. It will be only a matter of time before a few "Bengal Lancers" start passing them off as Originals, then it'll be a feckin Nightmare.
MisterGas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:53 pm 
Post subject:

TWO RETARDS THIS TIME.

How long am i meant to wait for them to make their payment ?

I always pay within hrs, sometimes it could reach the giddy heights of 24 hours.

Im waiting for TWO jokers at present and its been FIVE DAYS !

Am i being unreasonable ?

I might just message them and tell them to "F@@k right off"

Any thoughts guys ?
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:01 pm 
Post subject:

This is my pate hate. Go into a shop, buy something and tell them you'll pay in five days or more if you can be bothered.
Tell them it is unreasonable to wait this long, and cancel their bids. Tossers.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:11 pm 
Post subject:

I've got one at the minute, and its been 10 days!! If it wasn't for the fact that he lived up in Hull, I'd go round to the c*nts house, put his windows through, rip his b*stard head off and shit down his neck!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:13 pm 
Post subject:

ForestMick wrote:
I've got one at the minute, and its been 10 days!! If it wasn't for the fact that he lived up in Hull, I'd go round to the c*nts house, put his windows through, rip his b*stard head off and shit down his neck!

Bloody Hell! How much does he owe you? or does it not matter! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:21 pm 
Post subject:

ForestMick wrote:

I listed a programme last year for about £500 and some apsolute tool said after the auction when it didn't sell could he buy it for £450 but in approx 1 month when he returns from working abroad, so i said ok, he emailed me weekly to keep me informed etc and to make sure i was saving it for him and after 7 weeks emailed me again said would pay next weekend, next weekend passed and another email came will pay you next week, emailed me the Sunday after said will pay you Friday, Friday came and went, said will pay you Monday morning, i told him to F*** OFF!! Put it back on ebay and it sold for £760.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:31 pm 
Post subject:

1980Cossie wrote:
ForestMick wrote:

I listed a programme last year for about £500 and some apsolute tool said after the auction when it didn't sell could he buy it for £450 but in approx 1 month when he returns from working abroad, so i said ok, he emailed me weekly to keep me informed etc and to make sure i was saving it for him and after 7 weeks emailed me again said would pay next weekend, next weekend passed and another email came will pay you next week, emailed me the Sunday after said will pay you Friday, Friday came and went, said will pay you Monday morning, i told him to F*** OFF!! Put it back on ebay and it sold for £760.

I've had that before. The guy was working away in Ireland untill Friday, then he had to collect the money from a bank in Durham which was going to take a few days, then his wages weren't in the bank yet, could i wait untill the end of the month. In the end i never heard from him again, the programme is still in my collection, and i'm glad i never sold it.

Last edited by Wullie on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:57 pm 
Post subject:

markb9060 wrote:
PABLO76 wrote:
markb9060 wrote:
@pablo76....yes !

Funnily enough, the reason why I bought from him was because I too had previously done business with him and I vaguely remember that it was years ago when he lived in Manchester. As far as I can remember, it was a very good transaction so I had no reason not to trust him.

What I am very disappointed about is how he could have `missed`such a massive fault on the front cover and yet described it as in "very good condition". I blame myself as well because if I`d taken a closer look of the photo, I perhaps would have questioned it. He also lied about the staples which as United collectors are aware, these Blckpool v United FA Cup Final programmes are very rusty but he assured the buyer that the staples han`t affected the pages....this couldn`t have been further from the truth as the spine was so damp with rust that it had actually detached itself slightly.

Can i interject here fellas because as far as the Hong Kong guy is concerned you are all adding 1 and 1 and getting 3! Allow me to explain:
Some of you have said you are mystified how such a great and considerate seller has turned out to be a twat-reason is the good guy you delat with ages ago IS NOT THE SAME GUY and your all getting confused as hell.
The original seller was a guy called Jun Zen[traded on ebay as THENANKING]-he was a student and he lived in Manchester City centre and was/is a serious collector and i for one like you two traded with him a number of times and it was always trouble free, i once picked him up and brought him to my place as he couldnt drive and we took so long that his Mrs gave him a real bollocking on the way to taking him home!anyway he had a child and returned to HK his visa ran out and that was that. He would buy at auctions and bide his time and would introduce the programmes later and would make a few quid i guess on top and he also dealt in United stuff as well on ebay-at the same time another guy on ebay also from Manchester was this wongwaying a totally different seller to Jun.
When Jun went back home to HK he set up a business with another Chinese guy who is in Manchester selling reproduction Cup Finals and various other football programmes and tickets, stating quite clearly what they were and never passing off as anything but copies. Now as for the other Chinese chap wongwaying he has been on ebay since 2003 and has never changed his name i purchased an item in 2008 but do not think anything else and if he also has left Manchester then this is where the confusion would arise as in my humble opinion Jun would never send out stuff with rips or tears aor try and cheat anyone-I am not besmirching the other guy as i do not know him at all but you must draw your own conclusions. I hope that the mystery of two Chinamen and some football programmes may now be a little clearer. Thenanking no longer trades on ebay and i recall a new name was formed to sell the reproductions.

Hope all this helps as it may bring back some memories of the dealings with him, he was very keen on the condition and would wait until a better copy turned up than take a substandard one so i am 100% certain that the seller was not Jun who sent substandard items and I am not sticking up for him for anyother reason that i think it is a case of a crossed identity-after all 2 Chinses guys both at one time in Manchester and both selling United stuff-very confusing indeed Sherlock
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:13 pm 
Post subject:

At least it wasn't those Indian brothers who sit by the dug out, now that would be confusing there's about 8 of them! Laughing
The SFC Chris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:43 pm 
Post subject:

MisterGas wrote:
TWO RETARDS THIS TIME.

How long am i meant to wait for them to make their payment ?

I always pay within hrs, sometimes it could reach the giddy heights of 24 hours.

Im waiting for TWO jokers at present and its been FIVE DAYS !

Am i being unreasonable ?

I might just message them and tell them to "F@@k right off"

Any thoughts guys ?

That really annoys me as well ... I always pay for my items on the evening of the auction ending - and then wait sometimes over a week for some joker to part with 75p
andyfromboston

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:57 pm 
Post subject:

ForestMick wrote:

Come the Revolution you are in my protection unit Mick!

I'm the same, I pay withing hours, if there is a problem like away with work or holiday I let the seller know and make an effort to pay asap. I had one of those Compare the Market Meerkats sold the other week and the buyer had terrible feedback, after 5 days without paying I opened a dispute and 2 days later the clown left me positive feedback!! Still no money though 3 weeks on!
ForestMick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:35 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
ForestMick wrote:

Bloody Hell! How much does he owe you? or does it not matter! Laughing

Correct Leslie, its not the amount, its the principle. He won't f*ck with me again, and if I have my way, he won't f*ck with anyone!! Thumbs Up
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: