Football Programmes Centre

Bobby Moore autograph.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bobby Moore autograph.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Autograph Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nozer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:35 am 
Post subject: Bobby Moore autograph.

Bobby Moore autographs seam to be in vogue at the moment colour mag signed photo sold yesterday(25th) on Ebay for £102,
Anyone any ideas has to why thay are fetching these high prices ?.
mark01

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:46 pm 
Post subject:

Without provinance it's very difficult to verify any signature.

I like to know 100% that any autograph I obtain is genuine and I will pay the going rate. I have Bobby Moore's signature on the menu for his own testimonial dinner and have Francisco Mateucci (referee and linesman at 4 games in World Cup in 1930) autograph book containing dignitories from the event. Two nice pieces that I know are genuine.

regards, Mark
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:30 am 
Post subject:

Checks boyhood autograph books....
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:26 am 
Post subject: Re: Bobby Moore autograph.

nozer wrote:
Bobby Moore autographs seam to be in vogue at the moment colour mag signed photo sold yesterday(25th) on Ebay for £102,

Two reasons, England's only World Cup winning captain, and he's dead, so there's a distinct lack of them.
It's a macabre thing, but autographs of people who have died always seem to carry such a premium as there'll be a diminishing supply of them - apart from the forgeries of course!
trueblue1967

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:39 pm 
Post subject: Re: Bobby Moore autograph.

Auchinleckian wrote:
nozer wrote:

Two reasons, England's only World Cup winning captain, and he's dead, so there's a distinct lack of them.
It's a macabre thing, but autographs of people who have died always seem to carry such a premium as there'll be a diminishing supply of them - apart from the forgeries of course!

Spot on for the simple reason he is no longer with us (RIP) his autograph is highly sought after for completing collection of the 1966 sqaud and prices will only increase and more so in 2016 when 50 years anniversary is so this also is a good investment for the future.

I have eleven of the squad on different items photo,s cards questionaires and programmes.but these guys are all getting on in years and many of their autograhs will increase when they are no longer here as this is Englands greatest ever achievment in football so far.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Autograph Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: