Football Programmes Centre

price i should ask
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
price i should ask

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Autograph Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dangerman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:04 pm 
Post subject: price i should ask

i have some liverpool signed futera cards and a guy from america on a diffent forum wants them all. i was wondering what price i should ask

Senior82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:36 pm 
Post subject:

Eleventeen pounds and twelfty pence.
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:41 pm 
Post subject:

Why not ask him to make you an offer? do you have a COA to go with them as most modern players signatures are just done by Uncle Frank in the back room nowadays and not worth much at all
dangerman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:58 pm 
Post subject:

no coa but got them from an auction house that does not sell fake autographs
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:07 pm 
Post subject:

dangerman wrote:
no coa but got them from an auction house that does not sell fake autographs

Ah ! how would they know and how would you know that. Like the law it's only fake when it's proven to be. Personally I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would wants a squiggle on a card unless that squiggle reminded them of the time they met the owner.
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:15 pm 
Post subject:

I'd want a COA with your Michael Owen signature! Laughing

dangerman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:17 pm 
Post subject:

well at least americans do not the differents
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:18 pm 
Post subject:

Do not the what sorry? Laughing
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:44 pm 
Post subject:

Looks like my 10 year old Toffee nephew has just scribbled over their faces to me...
Ann Orack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:48 pm 
Post subject: autographs

How appropriate this thread is

May I relate an anecdote from the back end of last week.

On Friday afternoon I took all the staff from work in Sheffield to Manchester by way of thank you for the efforts in January. We had a few drinks early doors then progressed to a very nice restaurant for dinner

When we entered the bar area 1 of the lads said 'hey look there, its so and so from Hollyoaks'. I wasn't particularly impressed but he kept saying its so and so and was well chuffed

A bottle of champagne and a few beers later (us, not so and so) Mr So and So and his partner stood up and left. The lad turns to watch him leave and nearly had a chicken when coming towards us was Mr England Footballer, his wife and 2 other guests. By this time my lads wet with emotion.

Well to cut a long story sideways we'd eaten, drunk and were ready to leave, 1 of our team says lets get his autograph for Matesy (who unfortunately couldn’t attend our do). Pen secured, menu in hand, ‘please Mr England Footballer, we apologise for intruding but we would really like your autograph for a friend’. Sure, not the 1st time he’s heard ‘can I have your autograph for a friend?’, but this time its true

Well his mate threw a right paddy. For Christs sake ‘its his night out’ he says. If it wasn’t for the fact the menu and pen were up his nose he probably wouldn’t have signed. But he did. We may well have 2 teams in Sheffield that roll over easily but us chaps get an autograph when we want.

On the way back Mick the Menu went missing. Panic, call the taxi firm, call the police someones nicked it. 15 minutes after arriving back home, knock knock on door. Face at window says is this yours. He’d only bloody spotted Mick the Menu and brought it home. Result!

Matesy now owns Mick the Menu with the legends autograph ( Matesy words not ours. Mr England Footballer will always remain Mr Tosser in this office)

So to reply to a previous post the autograph is about the stresses and tribulations of physically securing the signature in my mind. The beneficiary can only be the 1 securing it not a subsequent purchaser

Ps Mr England Footballer does not play for either of the 2 Manc teams.

And finally if he wants total obscurity he can come and work for me on thre’pence a fortnight not £100,000 per week

Thanks for listening
holtie96

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:09 pm 
Post subject: Autos

My penneth worth dangerman, you ask how much to ask yet you bought at auction. So you do have some idea of value!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Autograph Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: