Football Programmes Centre

AUCHINLECK TALBOT do the "Big 'Un"
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
AUCHINLECK TALBOT do the "Big 'Un"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:33 pm 
Post subject: AUCHINLECK TALBOT do the "Big 'Un"

Attended the Final of the Scottish Junior Cup today, between the magnificent Auchinleck Talbot, and the once well renowned (in Scottish league football anyway) Clydebank.
Game was played at Rugby Park, home of Kilmarnock. Official attendance was 8,800, albeit I reckon that was about 1,500 below my guesstimate. Entrance fee was £8, and £4 concessionary, so I managed to get both my sons, eldest grandson, and myself in for a total of £28 - eat your heats out Premiership followers! This was community based football at it's absolute best. After 8 years of non league football, Clydebank bought over 40 coaches, trains, and cars. Auchinleck had approximately 60 coaches and cars.
Travelled up early and went around Auchinleck to see all the decorated houses - absolutely brilliant. There's nowt like it in the senior game. Auchinleck is a village of 5,500 people that Thatcher tried to shut down in the 1980's. She managed to shut the pits, give fuck all for generations of kids to do, which developed it's own problems. A shining light in all this has been the exploits of the 'Bot, and our 8th win in the Junior Cup sees us enter the "big" Scottish Cup next season, and a crack at the professional teams. They'll not ken what's hit them when the hordes from Auchinleck hit town. Football just doesn't get better than this...and I'm nearly half way down a bottle of Grouse in celebration, and a few bottles of Burton Bitter (Lidl's @ £1 each, superb ales) Not looking forward to tomorrow morning.
EEKA PEEKA PUKKA PO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rokerprogz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:35 am 
Post subject:

Terrible punditry I'm afraid ...... you didn't even give the score!

I suspect Setanta will be on the phone tomorrow offering you a job! Wink

p.s - pleased you had a good day out!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:00 am 
Post subject: Talbot

2-1 to the mighty 'Bot!!!
stodin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:24 am 
Post subject:

I love the fact that Auchinleckian is keeping with the non league tradition of exaggerating the attendance figures... Telford eat your heart out.

Seriously, sounds like a great day out watching real football.

I saw my team play in an FA Cup final and then when i moved to non league I saw my team play in an FA Trophy final. Both are memories that will last forever
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:03 pm 
Post subject: crowds

It's not paranoia, I leave that to the Old Firm fans!

It's based on a knowledge of the ground, our last final there in 2006, and the vastly enhanced crowds this year. Killie's financial problems are well known.....

Pity is, it's two well founded community teams that'll lose out as a result.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: