Football Programmes Centre

Lge Cup 1st Season Southampton v Newport Replay & 2nd Re
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lge Cup 1st Season Southampton v Newport Replay & 2nd Re

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes For Sale at Fixed Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roughyedz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:38 pm 
Post subject: Lge Cup 1st Season Southampton v Newport Replay & 2nd Re

If you are a collector of Football league Cup 1st Season programmes then these 2 are for you ...The 2nd Replay in particular is not that common I do not think ?

I have for sale the Southampton v Newport County Football League Cup 1st round Replay and 2nd Replay both played at the Dell.

These are the first 2 League Cup ties ever played at Southampton taking place in the first ever season of the Football league Cup.

Both programmes are in excellent condition and there is no writing rips tears etc etc in either of them.

The 1st Replay took place on Monday 17th October 1960 at The Dell Southampton in front of 8,000 spectators after a 2-2 draw at Somerton Park Newport in the original tie. This match resulted in another 2-2 draw even after extra time. So the 2nd Repaly was arranged to be played at the Dell after a toss of a coin. The 2nd Replay took place on Wednesday 26th october 1960 and resulted in a 5-3 win for Southampton.

Both programmes can be had for £10.00 , free postage

Just send me a pm if you are interested at all .....
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes For Sale at Fixed Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: