Football Programmes Centre

HELLO FROM MUCC
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
HELLO FROM MUCC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MUCC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:29 pm 
Post subject: HELLO FROM MUCC

Thought I had better do an introductionary piece, as everyone else seems to do one, so here goes.
Although based north of Hadrians Wall, I have always supported Manchester United - they were the first team that I can remember hearing about as a very young schoolboy. Thankfully it wasn't Scunthorpe or someone similar - no offence meant.
My grandfathers uncle actually played for Newton Heath, so it is in the blood.
I have been travelling south to watch United since the late sixties and I have been a season ticket holder at OT since 1986 and have only missed one weekend home game in the past twenty-five years.
My collecting interests have diversified away from programmes to general memorabilia, but I find old newspapers, match reports and cuttings of great interest and my collection of such things has been a huge help in my writing, having penned around sixteen or so titles - mainly on United.
I currently run the United Collectors Club and have done so since 1990.
I also enjoy Northern Soul and from time to time can be found behind the decks playing a few tunes.
Looking forward to a long association on the Forum.
WileBrownAstle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:30 pm 
Post subject:

Welcome to the forum mate.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:48 pm 
Post subject: Re: HELLO FROM MUCC

MUCC wrote:
Thought I had better do an introductionary piece, as everyone else seems to do one, so here goes.
Although based north of Hadrians Wall, I have always supported Manchester United - they were the first team that I can remember hearing about as a very young schoolboy. Thankfully it wasn't Scunthorpe or someone similar - no offence meant.
My grandfathers uncle actually played for Newton Heath, so it is in the blood.
I have been travelling south to watch United since the late sixties and I have been a season ticket holder at OT since 1986 and have only missed one weekend home game in the past twenty-five years.
My collecting interests have diversified away from programmes to general memorabilia, but I find old newspapers, match reports and cuttings of great interest and my collection of such things has been a huge help in my writing, having penned around sixteen or so titles - mainly on United.
I currently run the United Collectors Club and have done so since 1990.
I also enjoy Northern Soul and from time to time can be found behind the decks playing a few tunes.
Looking forward to a long association on the Forum.

You were doing all right mate until you mentioned 'Northern Soul' Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: