Football Programmes Centre

Sell Your Programmes with Football Programme Centre
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sell Your Programmes with Football Programme Centre
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:42 pm 
Post subject: Sell Your Programmes with Football Programme Centre

Following on from the "Wants Lists" which was opened up to members two weeks ago and seems to have been well received with 1400 programmes added to 30 members Lists, we will shorlty (Before June hopefully) be opening up our Sales Lists for members to use.

This will however be a "paid for" service and we are keen to receive feedback from yourselves on what it should cost.

It will work in the same way as the Wants Lists so you will have a screen to add in;

Home Team
Away Team
Date (Exact Date, not just Season as the Wants List does)
Competition
Condition (Not used in members Wants Lists)
Picture Upload
Notes
Price (Not used in members Wants Lists)

As you add programmes to the website for sale, the site automatically cross references them with the items on peoples Wants Lists. If a potential match is found then the member with it on their Wants List is emailed informing them of this and hopefully prompting them to make a purchase.

Each Sales List - or "Mini Shop", will have its only page just like the Wants Lists do at the moment. As a customer buys from you they will be able to add items to their cart and actually make payment to you via Google Checkout. Googles fees are very similar to Paypal but for the purpose of this service it is a lot better system to use. Signing up for an account is extremely quick and easy. If a Buyer does not have a Google Checkout account, they can create one and pay on their card instantly - just as Paypal do. Support from PayPal will be added though if you require it.

Also added to the cost of the order will be the postage charges. These will be set in your "Shop Settings" where you will set a base rate for delivery (the first programme) and then an additional price per programme. This site for example is £1 for 1 programme + 10p per additional.

Everything above i can do on my own and myself and Barrett both expect this to be a brilliant, unique feature which will help bring buyers and sellers closer together. The bit i need your help with though is with the charges for this service.

Firstly - as payment is processed between yourselves, the customer and google - we do not see any of this sales information so we are unable to just charge when you sell an item.

Instead the user would be able to sign up to a monthly subscription plan.

They could pay £x a month to list a maximum of say 100 programmes (Small time user for example). £x a month to list say 250 programmes, £x for 500 programmes and then £x for unlimited programmes (big dealer).

The user isnt tied into a long term contract and can "Pause" their shop at any time. This would mean that their programmes wouldnt be available to buy for other members but they would still remain in the sellers account. They could reactivate their membership again at any time by reactivating their account and paying their monthly memberships.

Please also remember that we;
- Have about 5-10 new members signing up a week (27 in last 18 days).
- Will be reviewed in Programme Monthly next month so hope to increase site traffic from that
- Intend to take out display adverts in Programme Monthly every month from July.
- Have just started continually listing on eBay which has increased site traffic over the past week or two.
- Hope to start to distribute leaflets promoting the forum at the upcoming Programme Fairs.

Based on all the above (and sorry ive gone on abit), please could you leave suggestions below, or PM me, for what you would like to pay for this new service.

All suggestions will be take on board and possibly put to a vote if need be.

Thanks every
ECFCJohn

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:25 am 
Post subject:

Great idea! am really interested in it!
ashburton-grove

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:22 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Craig, tough subject this!
I do ebay as most of the people on here do too, and currently have approx 100 programmes listed. I have no urgent need for the cash and just list my surplus programmes at 75p each. I sell about 10 programmes a week. After fees I get back about 30p profit each item, but some do go for more. Therefore thats about £150 profit a year, not much really. Considering the amount of users on ebay compared to the current 200 on here. I can't see myself selling anywhere near that amount, maybe 1 a week, even with the increasing amount of members.
Your list of "small time" to "dealers" would work against me too as the items I sell are low cost whereas someone selling 5 programmes at £100 each would be charged less.
An annual fee would be best (maybe £20) and it would give each person a target amount to achieve to make it worth while. e.g. 10 sales for me per year.
Don't get me wrong, I love the idea and have been VERY impressed with all I have seen so far and have conducted some swaps/sales already. It's just I have seen similar things before and they do not compare to ebay no matter how hard they try. Tazbar is one example.
I certainly would like to join in and help to keep this site working.
Regards, Keith.
P.S. A chance to meet up and swap in person with other members would also be a fantastic idea.
paulo

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:33 pm 
Post subject:

I have to agree with Ashburton, I am a smilar size seller (350 progs to get rid of I would think) most priced at £1 each. I would gladly pay a tenner a year, but more and I think I would prob not see a return. I have made a few sales through both sites but not much more than the figure mentioned.

Good luck craig, you are building a great resource here, which hopefully more people will find. Its certainly taking me longer to read all the threads/posts each night!
Dellboye

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:19 pm 
Post subject:

I dont think sellers should be charged for the quantity of programmes but for per programme instead. Also there should be different prices depending on the range of price of the programme you are trying to sell. Such as 0-£1, £1-£5,....£50+ So listing 100 programmes that you want to sell for £3 is more expensive than listing 100 programmes that are 80p. In order for the sellers to list on the site a subscription would be good but from then on you charge them per programme .
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:41 pm 
Post subject: selling

I can fully understand your desire to grow, and to hopefully make a reasonable income out of this venture, but would add a couple of words of caution. The more folk you get on here who are not on the site for mainly helping others, and / or selling items at reasonable rates, the more you will end up in hock to the people who pay you the money.
This site is unique because of the relative helpfulness of the clientele - that will go if it eventually tries to rival or undercut the likes of ebay. Of that there is absolutely no doubt. I've managed to do deals on here via exchanging programmes that I've never done in 25 plus years of "mainstream" programme collecting.
My own personal thoughts, for what they're worth, is that should this take off big time, it will end up promoting the same kind of cartel that existed, pre ebay, in programme collecting - which means less choice rather than more, inflated prices, and the price of programmes determined by a small group of individuals.
Evolve by all means, but please think very hard before embarking on something that could have a wholesale detrimental effect on the current set up on here.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:19 pm 
Post subject:

Just my own thoughts and comments here.

There is alot of worry that we are trying to 'be like ebay' or even beat them at their own game.

That is not the case at all. I make no money from this whatsoever and Craig only wants to cover the costs of the website, hosting, etc etc and obviously a small return for all the time he has put into this website.

We just want to be able to offer lots of different 'functions' for our members to use and to make life as a programme collector that little bit easier by having everything you would need in one place here.

We have already implemented the wants list to make it easier for you to list all the programmes you require and we want to introduce the 'sales function' so if you have a programme that somebody needs its alot easier to identify than trawling through the pages and pages of wants on the forum.
Geddon

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:53 pm 
Post subject:

As I've said before, I'd prefer a final listing price, where you only pay for the programmes you actually sell, but I understand the difficulty in implementing that sort of system.

I'm not sure what kind of figures you had in mind for each of the seller types, but I have around 150 that I'd want to put on the site, most of them would probably not sell for more than a quid either. I wouldn't want to paying more than a few quid a month because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make any sort of money out of it.

Other than that, I think it's a fantastic idea, especially linking up to show which programmes in your wants list are for sale, because that sort of thing doesn't exist anywhere else. And as the community keeps on growing I can definitely see it being a very useful function.
PRESTON WCFC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:53 pm 
Post subject:

Great idea but as someone who sells non league not sure how many collectors I'd get. I'd happily list a few thousand programmes if the interest was there. How much would i pay £20 a year sounds fair, but with Ebay not charging for items of £0.99 or less I wouldn't suggest anymore
YCFC1922

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:44 pm 
Post subject:

Craig , Any idea when this will be up and running
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:50 pm 
Post subject:

Hiya mate,

Sorry - im useless which is why theres been a hold up.

Most of the code is done but i just havent got around to doing the final touches as i was working on the new design of the site and i still need to sort out some glitches with that. Ive also spent a couple of weeks recording properly whats in my collection so that i stop buying duplicates etc!!

To make things worse things are hectic in work at the moment too so im not getting much time to work on the site.

It will be up as soon as possible is all i can really say though... but now youve outed me to everyone else ill try and get it done sooner rather than later
YCFC1922

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:55 pm 
Post subject:

Craig,

That wasn't the intention, the work done so far on this site is to an exceptional standard, Easy So in your own good time (we don't want the standard to slip now do we Get My Coat

Keep up the good work though.
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:35 pm 
Post subject: Selling items

One slight downfall is that you may increase the traffic on here and number of viewers but who is to stop somebody still offering programmes to people through the threads currently available that are free. I am sure most people will continue to settle programme deals free by private messaging as is the case now.

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:51 pm 
Post subject: Re: Selling items

rsheridan wrote:
One slight downfall is that you may increase the traffic on here and number of viewers but who is to stop somebody still offering programmes to people through the threads currently available that are free. I am sure most people will continue to settle programme deals free by private messaging as is the case now.

The way I see this working is that a seller pays a fixed fee to list all the progs they have for sale. In a similar way that we list our wants all ready. From then on the deal between buyer and seller will progress in the same way it does at the moment. eg pm's and the like.

Is that right Craig.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:34 am 
Post subject:

Right - you can now FINALLY start the process of selling your programmes online at FPC! Clap

The process works in exactly the same way that the Wants section works, where by you list the programmes you have for sale - the main differences now being that you should list any faults with the programmes to make any potential buyers aware and you can also upload a picture (if you wish).

You can do all this by logging in and popping along to http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/football-programme-sales.php

You can not YET take payment via paypal automatically through the site as ive had a slight hiccup with the paypal side of things as it was all sorted at the start of September but things took a few steps backwards since then. I figure if you guys start adding programmes onto your sales lists though it will prompt me to get my arse in gear Smile

One important new feature is that when you add a programme to the list, if a fellow member requires that programme they will be sent an email informing them of a possible match so that they can make contact.

Over the coming days ill also incorporate your listings into the main search function of the site, thus finally pulling the whole site together which was the masterplan when we started up FPC 11 months ago!! Also things like the ability for you to put down an introduction to your store, call it something meaningful and put down your returns policies and shipping charges.

You may notice that ive missed out one important piece of information which has been discussed on various threads before - the price of this service... Well its free - for now!

Everyone can have 4 months free membership whilst we iron out any possible issues and after that we may bring in charges but thats not definate yet - it depends on the feedback we get. If we did it would most likely work as a tiered membership scheme where you pay per year and you are capped at the number of programmes you can have in your store at any one time. For example, for a store capable of holding 25 programmes at anyone time it could be free, to hold up to 100 it could be a fiver, up to 500 it could be £20 and for unlimited programmes it could be £50 or something.

As i say though this isnt definate and it may remain a free service but i would like to bring some money in as id like to start promoting YOUR stores in Programme Monthly each month with things like a "Store of the Month" etc...

That brings me on to another point, when your stores are up and running dont forget to pass out your unique store address, just like you do with your wants lists addresses, so we can get more and more people onto the website Thumbs Up
rob71

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:23 am 
Post subject: Selling Programmes

Great news Craig Easy

Cheers.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:46 am 
Post subject:

Have i imagined something Rob or did you message originally ask for help?

Dont have time today to write a full help but if you use the help for the wants which can be found at http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/football-programme-wants-help.php it works on all the same principles.

Thumbs Up
grantham

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:10 pm 
Post subject:

So how do you view all items listed by the sellers ?
rob71

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:29 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Craig,

Did originally ask for help, then managed to upload some programmes, so edited the message. Sorry for the confusion Confused
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:02 pm 
Post subject:

grantham wrote:
So how do you view all items listed by the sellers ?

Im working on the "Sales" buttons to go just below your posts where the "Wants icons appear" -----------------vvv

And also im working on a full list of peoples sales lists like we have the wants lists Thumbs Up

Should be online in the next day or two.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: