Football Programmes Centre

Storing programmes for sale
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Storing programmes for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:04 pm 
Post subject: Storing programmes for sale

Whats the best order do you think to store the programmes on this site that are for sale?

They were in bundles of 20 and then each bundle was identified by a reference number A1, A2, A3 etc... This reference number comes through with any orders from the site/ebay and allowed me to find the programmes quick and easily.

Ive now decided to do away with this method though as it left programmes from different clubs just spread all over the place so if someone wanted to see all my Cambridge United programmes, for example, it would be a nightmare tracking them all down.

The majority of them are now out of bundles and im sorting them alphabetically by club name.

Should i then sub sort them by date or by opposition do you think?

If someone was to flick through them at a fair, whats the easiest way for people to look do you think?
ashburton-grove

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:48 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Craig, having spent many hours rummaging through boxes at programme fairs, I believe the best way is alphabetically home then these stored as "V" alphabetically away. When I search through these boxes I go straight to the Arsenal homes, but as most people just store the homes only, it becomes a nightmare to find any aways which are high on my priority.
This system would enable me to go through your entire box without going through each programme, knowing I had not missed any.
The problem you have is keeping them in order after some doofus has decided to shuffle them all up and then left saying they are too expensive!!!!
Hope I have been some help. What does everybody else think?
Keith.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:31 pm 
Post subject:

Excellent Keith,

Thats the way i decided to go and im glad you suggested it too as your points are very valid and i agree that its the easiest way for people to search. Also ive just spent 4 hours organising the programmes into this method so im relieved you agree!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: