Football Programmes Centre

Your surplus collectable programmes....please!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Your surplus collectable programmes....please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:48 am 
Post subject: Your surplus collectable programmes....please!

Have decided to post this appeal on here rather than they "Anything goes" page again just to ensure that everybody sees it. Original posting can still be seen on there under the heading "The Big C"
Basically, what I've proposed is to ask forum members to donate a surplus item from their collection so that we can then approach one of the sporting auction houses to sell them on our behalf, commission free, to raise money this year for Cancer Research (a cause dear to quite a number of Forum members)
We all have something surplus to requirements. Sometimes they're kept for exchange purposes, sometimes they're sold to raise money to get another item for your own collection. Why not look at it this way? They're bits of paper, but collectively they might be able to raise sufficient money to help research into this deadly disease. I've had a number of people contact me to advise that they will donate, and now I'm asking others to do similar.
We have 2,000 members on here, although I accept that a lot of them are dormant. But if we were to get just 1% of those donating something - say to a minimum value of £20 - we could easily raise £400 plus. I'm sure we could do much more.
Not asking anybody to send anything for a long while yet, but a pledge to physically support this cause which can be called in later once I know exactly what we've got.
Those who have already agreed to donate items, there's no need for you to do so again, but let's swell those ranks?
dj0505

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:13 am 
Post subject:

I am sure I can find an item or two, just let me know when they are required.

Duncan
andy1966

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:48 am 
Post subject:

I have some I can donate. Let me know details
ForestMick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:56 am 
Post subject:

Obviously you can count me in John! I'll chuck some Forest European home and aways in, and a 92 league cup final. Thumbs Up

Last edited by ForestMick on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:20 am 
Post subject: programmes

Thanks Guys, keep them coming.....
ForestMick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:25 pm 
Post subject:

And don't forget the football card in the Anything Goes Chit Chat section, still 60 spaces left, £1 a go!

Last edited by ForestMick on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Irish Rover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:55 pm 
Post subject: Your surplus collectable programmes....please!

i have a few. where do i post them. it is a great cause. my uncle died from it so i know what family's go through
stevecpfc1966

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:03 pm 
Post subject:

Yes i will donate a few surplus items i have. Just let me know where to send them.
I've lost a few members of my family to the Big C and it is the only charity i now support.
Regards
Steve
MisterGas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:05 pm 
Post subject:

Im In John.
Just let us know when ya want things sent.
Top Man John.
Mr.G.
Zongalero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:40 pm 
Post subject:

Great shout John.

Just lost my father to it so count me in.
JJPROGRAMMES

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:24 am 
Post subject:

Hi John,
Have a couple of ideas, but there time consuming,

How about we open an ebay account and sell on it all items worth below £5 or whatever value you thinks right (anything thats not going to auction), the items could be listed on the free listings days to reduce the fees (and relisted again if not sold). Members of the forum who havent got large collections or surplice programmes could then make a small donation.

(also the donation of envelopes stamps etc to get this idea off the ground would be helpfull, if we do well we could buy these of ebay with the proceeds (100x new second class stamps roughly £33 box of 100/125 hardbacked envelopes £17.50).

Not sure how Gift aid works on ebay but it would be good for the forum to get a mention somewhere along the line (ie saving the proceeds in a pay-pal account then making a donation say at the end of next year via a "cheque" directly to the charities???). We could also save up in the pay-pal account to buy other programmes (a bit of bargain hunting!) for a future auction.

If we did go along the ebay route to give the forum a boost how about calling the account The football programme forum for charity (just an idea) as the forum is the place where this idea came from and any new member is a bonus.

This process could run from now until the end of next year (?) also as members are keen to help other charities how about this covers other charities as well (ie cancer alzhemiers BHF etc) we could split evenly all proceeds between the chosen charities (25% 25% 25% 25% or 33% 33% 33% etc).

All just an idea.......

Let me know what you think.....

And don't forget the football card in the Anything Goes Chit Chat section, still 60 spaces left, £1 a go!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:54 pm 

JJ, I think you're right, it would be time consuming...and not something 'd like to land myself with. I'm hopeful that having asked for collectable items to be sold, that's what we'll get. If we do get a small amount of lesser collectable items I would envisage them being put into one lot. The guide price will also be put at a realistic level to encourage sale as I wouldn't want to have anything returned.
Been a good response so far, keep it up guys.
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:30 pm 
Post subject:

1946/47 Sunderland v Liverpool is yours when you want it.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:08 pm 

If I'm going to get this sorted out for an auction early in the New Year I'll need to collect programmes probably by the end of October, so I can detail them and get them sent off to a sympathetic auction house. Can folk please hang on to items until I get something arranged with one of the auction houses?
Also, is there any kind of evidence that says when would be the best time to go to auction (is post Christmas possibly the worst time, or are football fans oblivious to such market forces?)
Wullie, that's a cracking programme mate, many thanks.
Craig, can we get a "sticky" posting whereby we can show what's been donated, it would give me reassurance to evidence that everything donated is easily accountable.
Thanks again folks.

John
lambie the leap

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:19 pm 
Post subject:

John

Count me in - I've a couple of Burnley/Accrington issues that I'm willing to donate.
Shotsman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:26 am 
Post subject: Surplus programmes

John

I have Aldershot programmes I will stick in the pot - mind you no one collects them!

Just a couple of thoughts, are you going to publish the list so we know what is on offer andwhere and when to bid.

If we go through an auction house we might need to pay commission, is there no way we could run this through the forum
Roland
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:07 am 

Roland, thanks for the offer of the programmes. I think it's so important to put them through an auction house so they get the maximum exposure. If we were to offer them on here you'd maybe get one or two interested punters but that would probably be it. I've contacted one auction house and am awaiting a reply from them to see if they'll sell them commission free (I'm convinced I'll get one) Unfortunately the buyers will have to pay commission, can't help that.
Once I know what is what everything will be fully detailed on here, with price guidelines for the auction (I would appreciate guidance on these from the people donating, especially if they're club specific and you have a detailed knowledge of what folk are likely to pay)
I've contacted Cancer Research and am awaiting for my fundraising pack coming through. I've told them initially I was looking to raise £400 (20 x £20 items as a guide) but would hope to raise more.
John
Shotsman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:19 am 
Post subject: Surplus Programmes

John

fully understand - one of the programmes I will submit is Aldershot v Cardiff 1933 /34 -hopefully that will raise a useful sum, at least £100 I would have thought. I will also put in a few old non - league as well.

Roland
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:32 am 

Am humbled Roland, many thanks. Down your way(ish) on the 17th of September, going to watch the mighty Mariners at Stockport. On a roll now, two games unbeaten!

John
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: